“Great pizza stop”

Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Leakey
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: They have regular business hours and make a super chicken alfredo and an amazingly yummy pizza:)
Houston, Texas
“Great pizza stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

This used to be a full Italian restaurant, but a couple of years ago it changed to pizza, salad, and a few sandwiches. We talked to the other (83 years of age BTW), and he said it was just too expensive to stock all the supplies for a full Italian menu. Still, the pizzas has great flavor and were of a good size, larger than your typical chain restaurants. I recommend giving them a try if you're out in Leakey, TX. Head just about a mile north out of town. If you get to RR336 you've gone too far.

Visited July 2013

Deer Park, Texas
“The Best Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I loved Vinny's. It had the best Italian food and the absolute best EggPlant Parmasiagn. The owner wanted to retire and closed down for awhile but it is back with a limited menu now . Still one of my favorite places to go- you can take a bottle of wine with you. You can get the wine on the way there at the Beverage Barn.

Visited April 2013
Camp Wood, Texas
“Good Italian food way out in the Hill County”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Despite a recent change of managemen, this place continues to serve excellent pizzas and pretty good pasta dishes. Lots of good places to eat in Leakey, but Vinny"s will fix any cravings for Italian food.

1 Thank lowe210
Houston, Texas
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

The tortellini was great!!! I can't wait to go back! Sal, the owner, is such a great host.

Visited June 2011
Boerne, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

My husband and I drove past it on numerous occasions and it was always closed so we just thought that it was out of business or something (they are closed from 2-4).One Friday afternoon about five months ago we were about to drive to a steakhouse in Hondo and we heard on the radio that Vinny's was open so we turned around and drove to Leakey instead of Hondo and we certainly weren't sorry that we did,we have been frequent customers since. Sal (the owner) said that he had at one time sold the business but that he had bought it back after several years and has run it ever since.I love Eggplant Parm and they have the best that I have ever eaten I've tried several other things and they were all great but I'm completely addicted to the eggplant. My husband really likes the Chicken Parm but likes everything else he has tried as well.Their homemade dessert is also out of this world.

• Visited November 2011