“Great find!”

Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar
Ranked #9 of 163 Restaurants in League City
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We found this restaurant while going to Petco. We're visiting the area from Minnesota. My husband loves gumbo so we had to try this place. He had the seafood gumbo and wants to go back soon to try the other gumbos. I had The Big Easy Barbecue Shrimp. Nicely spiced. Loved the toast points for sopping up the sauce. We both look forward to going back before heading back north.

1  Thank Linda O

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This was our third visit to Little Daddy's and we were excited to return. On visit one and two I would have rated everything excellent. Perfect roll, large juicy and tasty shrimp. On this third visit the roll was tough and my spouse said his shrimp breading was salty. The Po-Boy wasn't up to the quality that we expected. So that's the reason for the very good rating. Food quality is the most important thing to us. Tried the sweet potato fries once and they were a little crispy for my taste. The service has also been a little uneven. Fun decor with a laid back atmosphere located in a strip mall.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Been here several times and the Seafood Gumbo is always the same, AWESOME. They never add the seafood until you order so its never mushy like others. The roux is always seasoned perfectly. This is what separates this place from others. also, the little daddy bowl at $9.99 is a bargain. Its really all you need. I'm from New Orleans and Im telling ya'll, this is definitely the best Gumbo in this area. Good beer specials also, check the website.

2  Thank 857JorgeM
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Good idea for a restaurant. When I saw the place from the highway, I immediately wanted to eat there. I walked in expecting gumbeaux and left still wanting. I've eaten gumbeaux my entire life in Louisiana and this definitely was not that. It's a slap in the face to a real Cajun chef. I hope that people living in the area currently as well as any future visitors don't get the wrong impression of what gumbeaux is supposed to taste like. I mean seriously, it's not even close. Please change the name to Little Daddy's Soup Bar to avoid any future confusion.