“I keep trying not to like this place...”

Esteban's Cafe & Cantina
Ranked #5 of 156 Restaurants in League City
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
League City, Texas
“I keep trying not to like this place...”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is my husband's favorite place, he has been going there probably since they opened their doors. I have never liked it much until the past year and I don't know what they did - but they are turning it around! We live right down the street, so we are always going there to eat and I'm always full and satisfied when leaving. They really do have yummy beef and chicken fajitas and grilled shrimp as well. The hot sauce is good, chips are hot and fresh and the service seems to be really good these days! Glad it is so close to our house and if you are in the neighborhood - give them a try!

• Visited August 2011

Houston, Texas
“How can a Mexican Restaurant that has a bar only serve wine margaritas!?!”
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Years ago this restaurant could not be beat but slowly, over the years the quality has been in a downward slide. So if you haven't been there in a while don't bother. If you have continued to frequent this establishment then you won't be bothered. The food is very greasy but the kitchen is very quick so those that are on a lunch break that don't want drive-thru, it works.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Lovie2
Houston
“Outstanding and Budget friendly”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

This is a great place. I go here often. The best menu items in my opinion are the mazatlan and the queso de esteban. The corn tortillas are the aboslute best. Everything is made from scratch. The red sauce is also great! Great for a family night.

Hitchcock, TX
“Taco's and Guacamole!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We go there and get tacos al-la-carte and a large order of Guacamole. Something about their taco shells and meat. Very Good. Last time I got Nachos, I think they were supreme, Very, Very Good! Red and green sauce is not the best. I have never cared for their combination dinners, but I know this restaurant is well liked by many locals. The chili is good too! The parking is Very tricky, getting in and out.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Pretty good, just a pain...”
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Pretty good, just a pain to get in and out of.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook