“Another good choice for BBQ in League City”

Red River Barbecue Company
Ranked #1 of 163 Restaurants in League City
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Having dined here a couple of times recently, at the suggestion of friends, I'd say RRBC is a place I'll look forward to visiting again. The two meat combo of brisket and pork was excellent -- so moist and tender, I didn't even bother with sauce. Potato salad was good; coleslaw was fine. Nothing much to say about the decor, but there is plenty of seating and a couple of different rooms to choose from, so you don't have to sit and listen to some interminable sporting event droning on all through dinner. Register and server staff were efficient. Dinner for two (two meat combo, grilled chicken breast, sides, and drinks) came to around $32, before tips, which seemed pretty reasonable.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

This place is the real deal, and their sides are just as good as the main dishes. I had the brisket, which was really amazing, I never touched my knife! The prices are a little high but it's worth it. The staff is very friendly and we had a great meal. Everyone should eat here but if you live in an area where BBQ is hard to come by, you MUST make this a stop on your trip!!

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

This place is pretty good. The ribs were cooked well and the pulled pork was excellent. The brisket on the other hand was incredibly dry and their mac n cheese was awful. Their BBQ sauce tasted similar to what you get at Arbys. The staff was very friendly and I will be returning just will be sticking with what they're good at.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I normally order Take Out and have had numerous issues with food quality. Brisket is normally dried out and baked potatoes are under cooked. (I live within 2 miles of restaurant & pick up food on way home from work.) Red River will not provide bread, pickles or onions unless you specifically ask and are very stingy when they give them to you. I find this odd especially since they're a BBQ place! My orders is usually missing something. I called today about missing items and was HUNG UP on by an employee. (Apparently customers must ask for kid drinks even though they come with the meal. Front counter won't give you cups unless you ask. Don't know why this surprised me considering their stinginess with bread & pickles!) Talked with Trine, a manager, about getting hung up on and he acted like the poor customer service was no big deal. Save your time and money. There are much better BBQ places in the area.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

You have to understand - I was raised on homemade BBQ that my Daddy made so I'm very selective on my food. However, Red River does a good job and has a very nice location in town. The sides are just "ok" but the brisket is usually very good...sometimes you have to ask them to trim the fat off. This place does a booming business on weekends, especially when the church folks get here right after the service lets out.