Red River Barbecue Company
Ranked #1 of 164 Restaurants in League City
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first time at Red Rivery Barbecue. We had the rib eye steak special which was very good. The 8 oz. steak was a nice size and was very tender. Our side dishes of mashed potatos, corn and green beens were also very tasty. For dessert, we shared their peach cobbler with ice cream which was excellent. They have a very diverse menu which includes steaks, barbecue, ribs, chicken, shrimp, burgers, etc.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've been around this planet for over 60 years now and having grown up in East Texas, home of some of the greatest BBQ joints around, I think I can say that Red River BBQ Pork Ribs are the BEST I've ever wrapped my lips around!!! My wife and I dropped in on a Tues night, all you can eat pork ribs night by the way, and were pleasantly surprised. We both had the all you can eat pork ribs, which includes two sides by the way, and for the next two hours enjoyed these succulent, meaty bones. The ribs were cooked to perfection, meat falling off bone with every bite, crusty on the outside and just the right amount of BBQ sauce added to the mix. They start you off with half a rack which was just enough to get my appetite fired up....the servers keep coming around on a very regular basis offering more. I took them up on their offer over five more times! By my count, I got roughly 18 ribs, over a rack and a half. I kinda went into a rib coma after about 12 or 15, but they were so doggone good I just could not resist them.....They were Hypnotic! There are many sides, so you cant go wrong there either. And the lemon meringue pie is to die for! We had enjoyed the brisket, pulled pork, chicken and sausage several evenings before and all were excellent. The brisket had a great smoke ring and was moist and juicy, the pulled pork was lean and tasty wrapped up in a piece of white bread, along with some of the sliced sausage and a drizzle of BBQ sauce and jalepeno slices!!! Wow! My mouth is watering now! The BBQ sauce is made in house and is high quality, not to thick, not to thin, not sweet, but has just a hint of heat.......perfect to go with anything on the menu. In fact, its all good here. So if you want some GREAT BBQ, don't go anywhere else as you will be disappointed. This BBQ is the Real Deal! Oh yes, the service is great too!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

My wife and I eat here almost weekly. Great ribs, One of the few places in Texas that will serve pulled pork. Great smoke flavor in the meat. Sweet, yet tangy sauce. One of the best BBQ places I have found in Texas. It is still the Texas "cafeteria style" BBQ house, but at least they do serve on plates instead of butcher paper.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We eat here on a regular basis and have always found the barbecue consistently good. The sauce is a sweet and tangy. We usually go for the barbecue beef or chicken sandwiches but my wife sometimes gets the huge baked potato. It could serve two. Sides are also typical and amply portioned. The fries are consistently good, too. The service is family friendly and they always smile the moment you make eye contact. The decor is typical for a BBQ place but is also clean and well-lit.They have a separate line for take-out, which is nice because at peak times the eating-in line may reach back to the door.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is one of the best BBQ restaurants we have been to. You order at the front and they deliver your food to you. There were many options from bull plates, to sandwiches and daily specials. The pulled pork was lean and flavorful and the sausage was spicy and good balance to the pulled pork. The BBQ sauce is a sweet sauce, my nephew likes something a little more spicy. The baked potatoes are outrageous! They looked to be about a foot long! I had the cream corn and the mac and cheese for my sides and both were very good. My husband had the sweet pototo fries and someone else had the onion rings. The onion rings looked ot be homemade. It cost about $15 pp.