“Bridal Shower Review” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Porter, Texas
“Bridal Shower Review”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I found the Holly Berry Tea Room online; it sounded like a wonderful place to host my future daughter-in-law's bridal shower. I made the reservations for 12-2 PM, and then confirmed one week out; I was assured all was in order. We arrived at 11:58 AM to find the owner had seated customers in our booked rooms, to which we had to wait until they were finished. Since the restaurant is very small, there was no place to even wait; it was awkward standing right in the middle of the dining room with all of our party supplies. The owner was not apologetic or even seemed concerned about our predicament. The food and service from the other staff members was amazing. I would think twice before booking this restaurant for such a special occasion based on the treatment of the management.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dickinson, Texas, United States
“Nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Today, my daughter and I had lunch here. The atmosphere is relaxing. Our table, for 2, was in the direct line of the front door, but that was not a problem. The staff was very helpful. The only issue was a crying toddler in the back room of the restaurant.
I had the 'Holly Berry Sampler' and my daughter had 'The Daffodil.' The soups were delicious and hot. The sandwiches were very tasty. We have never had cucumber sandwiches before. We will order them, again. The 'Strawberry Bliss' is amazing considering that I am not a yogurt fan. The next time, that we go, I am definitely getting the full-size serving of this. The iced Raspberry Tea was wonderful, too.
When it is time for my daughter's Bridal Luncheon, I am making reservations here!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jo B
Santa Tecla, El Salvador
“too expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

In fact extremely expensive considering all you get is a little sandwich or salad some chips from a bag and a little scoop of ice cream. plus ice tea $16 for average food you can prepare faster at home. Yet I used to go there all the time because of the charm area where is located but now is no longer a favorite there are just way to many better choices at lunch especial prices around the area. To be fair their food is the best if you are comparing to the other tea places and that is your cup tea :)

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CAMELIAS51
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wonderful tearoom with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

Went here for lunch while in Texas. Great service, atmosphere, and food. The menu is so good here. Soup was wonderful as was the tea selection. Salads are fresh and tasty. The finger sandwiches are delicious. I ended up taking an order home for my husband's lunch and he loved everything. The place is a converted house type of place with shops around it. The place is very tastefully decorated. We must go back and try more things on the menu.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank librarian73
Keller, Texas
“Tea room perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

What girl doesn't love a good tea room?
When I'm visiting my mom, this is one of our favorite places to lunch.
It's located in an eclectic shopping strip made up of old cottages. The decor inside is shabby-chic and the food is excellent.
I usually stick with the sampler - the chicken salad and Canadian cheese soup are heavenly.
If your in the area, stop by this little gem.

• Visited June 2013