“Family fun for everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jimmy Changas

Jimmy Changas
Ranked #4 of 155 Restaurants in League City
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Tomball, Texas
“Family fun for everyone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We've taking the kids here several times after a day at Galveston Island. They love the food and we love the atmosphere. My youngest plays on the outside play set while we enjoy our drinks on the patio. The food portions are generous and delicious and the waitstaff has always been great.

Visited June 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good place with kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

Food was fine, but I have had better Tex-Mex food. Great place with kids as it is noisy enough (but not too noisy) so kids are not a bother. I liked my food, but menu did not have as many combo meals as I am used to. Service was OK until they brought our meals and the server served my daughter's meal by reaching across my plate and under my chin to serve hers. There was plenty of space for him to walk behind me and serve her from the other side. As we left, they added a nice touch with the soft serve ice cream machine for ice cream cones. Kids loved it. Don't think we will return.

• Visited July 2014
Lufkin, Texas
“Nice big variety on the menu... good tex-mex”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

On our recent visit to League City we had a late dinner at Jimmy Changas. The menu is really big and I had a hard time deciding what to order. The portions were large and we enjoyed our food. My best friend ordered the fried avocado with chicken inside... she loved it. I ordered the Saltillo dinner which had a variety of tex-mex items on it and I enjoyed trying them all. I would like to visit here again if possible when I am in the area again. It was a fun place with friendly fast service.

• Visited June 2014
“It's Basic Tex-Mex”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Not bad for Mexican food but it is basic. Small menu with standard flaire. From the exterior and interior you would expect more on the menu and maybe a little more pizzazz.

Seating was good. We were not happy with the first selection but we were immediately seated in a better location and larger table size.

Waiter was a little slow on the uptake but working several tables does that. Once in the grove performance was good.
Manager made a stop early in the seating to check our happiness meter and all was good.

Ordered the gorilla egg (?) appetizers and they were good. Did 2 of the basic meals, deluxe and fajita base plate. Good but basic Tex-Mex and have had better. Red salsa very much like store bought pace. Green sauce I'm afraid the same.

Family oriented with plenty of kids running about, some even without shoes.

I would not pass on this place if hungry for Tex-Mex but also would not make the exits and turn around off the interstate to visit there again.

1 Thank tm100
Tomball, Texas
“Family Friendly!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

You know a place is awesome when your kiddos ask when we can all go back! Every time we've eaten here we've had great service, delicious food, and a fun time. The atmosphere is up-beat but not loud or overly crazy. There is a playground for the younger ones and of course the ice cream bar! Love the margaritas and the queso is yummy. My daughters share a plate because you get a lot of food at a great price. Highly recommend going, especially if your coming back from a long day in Galveston.

• Visited June 2014