“I was very surprised!”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Galveston, Texas
“I was very surprised!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had thought this was some sort of drive-through fast food joint. I was happily quite mistaken!!!
We arrived around 9:00 P.M. on Monday night. Unbeknownst to us the restaurant stops serving at 9:15 and at 10::15 on Friday and Saturday. The place is quite large and even though we had no wait I am advised that normally you will have a wait.

Our wait staff was excellent. Young bubbly girls eager to help but also quite proficient as wait staff. Our waitress was most helpful with recommendations and very professional.

Cheese Enchilada, (my litmus test for Tex-Mex) was very good.
Beef Fajitas were very tender and flavorful.
Seafood stuffed enchiladas are well received as was the stuffed and fried whole avocado with seafood stuffing.
The Pollo Marisco was exceptional. The chicken breast was done perfectly. Wood grilled flavor, moist and tender, topped with crawfish tails and shrimp and covered in a wonderfully flavorful sauce. I was highly impressed. However, the one thing that separated this establishment from all the others is that they actually make their own CORN tortillas on the spot. Many restaurants make fresh flour tortillas and Jimmy's does this very well but this is the only place I have found that makes fresh corn tortillas and that is a real winner!!!
The sides are as good as any you will find elsewhere. They offer black and pinto beans, refried or boracho. Rice is fluffy and tasty.
We shall be returning. I am going to try the chili's rellenos when I go back.

North Carolina
“Enjoyed it so much ate here twice!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Tex Mex style, huge portions! You can seriously get by ordering apps and salads because they are humongous! On our two occasions we tried the: Chicken Taco salad, Gorilla peppers, Empanadas, Tuna salad and Spinach Quesadilla. Ample enough to share between 4 people on both occasions. Personally I think this was a step above Chilis. Only downside was sitting on the patio because the Mosquitos started to come out as soon as the sun went down. Nice, fun atmosphere. Mike our server was a funny guy. If I'm ever in League Cuty agin, I'd come back.

Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Took my granddaughter there Saturday evening. Our dinner was awesome, food was excellent, atmosphere was excellent, food was excellent and our 5 year old granddaughter loved the playground.

Houston, Texas
“Will eat here again!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Saw this place driving to the beach and said we would make it our dinner stop on the way back home. 6pm on a Saturday night is not the time to go - it was so busy but we waited the 40 minutes for a table. Their patio area is lovely and has a great covered play area for kids.
The service was a little slow once we sat down at our table but friendly and apologetic for the delay.
Food is typical tex mex but the green sauce and salsa with the chips were both fantastic. The kids were served typical boxed Mac and Cheese. MY fish tacos were very good and the portion was large with beans and rice as sides.
THe kids loved the self serve ice cream on the way out.

• Visited June 2013
“Salty”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have tried twice. The food is average and loaded with salt. For the lack of quality of the food I would say they are pricey. Service and atmosphere I would rate as good.

• Visited June 2013