“I liked everything I had”
Review of Main Street Bistro

Main Street Bistro
Ranked #2 of 163 Restaurants in League City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“I liked everything I had”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went for an early dinner. It' has the casual atmosphere and prices that a bistro is supposed to have.

For the appetizer, we ordered fried asparagus with crabmeat on top. The asparagus were crispy and the crabmeat delicious - and I don't normally care much for crab. I had the salmon with rice and spinach. Crispy on the outside, moist and flaky on the inside. Perfect. I love salmon and like to order it at different places and from varied types of cuisine and it is right at the top with the best I've had. My husband had the shrimp and grits and loved it, too. It looked like a lot was going on in his plate but when I tasted it, the flavors were balanced. For dessert, the pana cotta was lemony but not too strong, served over a balsamic reduction.

The service was excellent, but we were the only people there so I can't say if it would be as good when full.

• Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“Good Experience!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We live in the area and decided to stop by and try this quaint restaurant. Food was actually pretty good, had the caprese salad and Salmon special also very good. Would definitely come back again very soon.

• Visited June 2013
Houston
“A Nice Addition to Old League City”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I called for a reservation & was immediately impressed by the person who answered the phone. He was both professional & friendly. The Bistro is small but has a warm/intimate feel. We were greeted at the door & chose a table by the wall. The wait staff handed us menus & sent another waiter over to explain the wine selection. (they have no printed wine list) & their selection is limited; though reasonably priced. We chose a bottle of Pinot Grigio which was fair. I switched to a glass of red for dinner which was better. There is a charge for an order of garlic bread but it was worth it; it had a slightly sweet taste w/just enough garlic & lightly toasted. Entrees consisted of sea scallops for me & pork tenderloin for my husband; both served w/garlic mashed potatoes & asparagus. The scallops were well cooked & seasoned. I would have liked the sauce served on the side instead of over the scallops. Pork tenderloin was tender, flavorful & served with a sauce on top. We did not order dessert but they looked & sounded great. The Bistro is a great addition to the League City area & we will definitely come back again.

• Visited June 2013
Houston
“Definitely the best food in League City and beyond!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Even the burgers are great! Try the black & blue burger! Or if not a burger for lunch they have the best salmon, shrimp, steak.... Chef Michael can tantalize the taste buds like you would not believe! He has more creativity in his little finger than half the state of Texas ever dreamed of! And if you think lunch is great, you have to go here for dinner! There is no reason to go anywhere else if you want a fabulous meal, great service, wonderful ambience, terrific wines....and not expensive! I don't know how they serve what they do for the prices they charge!

• Visited May 2013
“Love this place”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been here three times now, and picked it for my birthday dinner! It doesn't look like much on the outside, but the food is exceptional with a nice wine list. It is also more affordable than most places with this kind of menu. It is small so make sure you have a reservation, and it's quite noisy! We had a baby with us and never heard a peep! They have a tomato/crab appetizer that is to die for. I would say you can't go wrong going here! I

• Visited April 2013