“Small spot HUGE flavor”

Senor Sombreros Mexican Grill & Taqueria
Ranked #5 of 170 Restaurants in League City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We have started making this little restaurant a "must" every time we head down to League City. The food is great, portions are large & the staff very friendly and accomodating. They hit on the traditional & throw in some twists that are incredible! I had the shrimp stuffed avocados that are are then covered in cheese & fried- SO GOOD!! Their Tres Leches cake is in high demand, so you have to get there early; however, we called a couple days ahead and they made us our own for a birthday lunch & it was delicious. I will say that the place is small, so if you are wanting to sit a large group, or wanting an intimate setting, maybe not your place.

1  Thank StaceyNDevo

Reviewed July 1, 2012

These guys are great-food is delicious--salsa is served warm and is just right. Seats are full but service is fast and it's not a lingering type of place.

1  Thank Lalctx
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The family who owns this place has been in the biz for a long time, and it shows in the quality of food and service .... I usually stop in there for a coupla tacos "al carbon" and a rita or two after shopping at Krogers .... the place is awesome ... rumor has it that they are gonna expand

I like the chicken tacos and the guac with some habaneros tossed in for a little extra heat ... and don't forget the ritas

Reviewed March 12, 2012

Ok...I'm blown away. Tried this place with a friend because it was the closest mexican food to his home...and got a huge surprise. I kid you not...this is my new favorite Mexican restaurant in the area. Small place that's clearly locally owned...and the owners obviously take pride in their restaurant. Everything was absolutely amazing. Food...out of this world. Drinks...fantastic. Service...awesome. It's clear that it wasn't a fluke either...place was nearly full when we walked in & stayed that way till we left. I will be back...and often.

1  Thank NATHANHOUSTON
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We are regulars... twice a week regulars here and the owners know us by name. That is how good this place is.

I swear that their Fried, Stuffed Avocado is the BEST in League City. It is HUGE! I have tried everything finally on the menu and can honestly say this place rocks.

They always have a full house so be patient if you have to wait. It is worth the wait. I guess the only negative is the size of the place. No biggy, worth the wait.

Try the fried avocado and you'll be VERY happy!!!!!! Unless you are wierd and don't like avocados.

I don't normally give 5 stars 'cause 4 is my max, but this place deserves 6.... so 5 it is.

1  Thank FugCheese