Super 8 League City-Kemah Area
Candlewood Suites League City(League City)(Great Value!)
$82
  • Pool
$65
$55
$54
Super 8 Houston/NASA/Webster Area(Houston)(Great Value!)
$72
$62
$55
$134
All reviewsbed spreadpre cruisetaco bellthe staff was friendly and helpfulnice staynight stay
Reviewed May 7, 2011

While traveling on a last minute budget trip to Texas we decided to stay at the Super 8 chain at our stops throughout the state. We had good experiences with the last Super 8 we had used the night before and thought this would be no different. We were so wrong......

The first thing we noticed when we checked in is that nobody here was wearing any kind of uniform, just jeans and t shirts or jeans and button down shirts, not even matching colors to show they were not guests. We got a room on the second floor, the hallway had a strong....funky food odor. Our room had a recliner that was visibly broken, the bed had a broken box spring, it crunched and sagged terribly when you sat on it. The shower curtain had what appeared to be mold on the lower portion and the floor had not been vacuumed well and the security lock at the top of the door was broken off. I called the front desk and asked that we be moved to another room, I had to explain the issues four times in a row before the desk employee agreed to change our room. When I went swap keys the desk employee made it seem like the hotel was just bursting at the seams full, and that we may not get a new room, but then gave us the room right next door. Our second room was ok, but then the night manager (or so he said) called our room around 9pm to ask us why we needed to change rooms, so I had to explain all over again. This really did it in for me, we had been on the road all day and had just gotten to sleep, I have never been called by the staff after 8pm unless it was an emergency, and this for sure was not. After explaining the problem yet again, I asked the manager to cancel our second nights reservation, we would be finding a new hotel. At checkout the next morning I told the desk employee (same guy as the day before) that I wanted to pay cash for the room. He told me that he was not sure if they could take cash for rooms, and that he had to ask his manager. After a short talk in the office he came back and took my money while mumbling about taking cash for our room. We will probably never stay at a Super 8 again, as this very much family run franchise location reversed any good experiences we had at other locations.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thedesertdude
Reviewed March 7, 2011

When we got to the hotel it looked nice from the outside and got checked in and looked at the indoor pool/hot tub both looked good as well but when we got to the room it was a smoking room so had an bad odor. The my husband went to the bathroom while i was checking for bed bugs(which there is none so that is a plus!) but my husband did find hair on the toilet and in the shower. And the shower head was all gross and rusted. The brochure with all the hotel info had some kind gross substance all over it! You would think they would have wipe it off. The remote and hair dryer was the same we put the remote in a baggy and did not touch anything else. The bed was clean so we ended up staying and the hot tub was nice. The free breakfast was a joke waffles and cerel, But if you are looking for something to stay in more than one night i would head somewhere else. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amyuco
Reviewed May 4, 2010

When we arrived the clerck was helpful .The place was clean .The rooms were comfortable. and the breakfast was good but diffrent I prepared my own pancake.but that was kinda fun The pool area needs improving it was dark and weird looking but people were swimming with there children..

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I am a positive person and I really don't know if this place cleaned up it's act after all the other horrible reviews or what because my fifteen year old son and I stayed here for fun leaving Galveston and some time in Kemah. We were very thankful for the price and our room was very clean almost like new. The family owned atmosphere was very nice and they were hard working to make it clean and enjoyable. My only complaint would be a thin pillow but that is only my choice of pillow type. I would give this place a 9.9 on a scale from 1-10. Sorry for the others but we enjoyed it and would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We had planned on staying the night at this hotel for 2 nights, we reserved a 2 Queen Bed Suite for $75 - good deal right? Not so much considering how filthy the room was! It is in a great location it was just a few miles from our family's house, we had come in for a graduation. We just got back from a vacation and having just spent a big chunk of change on that we decided to go with a lesser expensive hotel for this short weekend. When I walked in the hotel had a stinch to it but I looked past it went ahead and checked in and we began looking for the elevator - there was not one so we had to carry our luggage up the flight of stairs to the 2nd floor. When we walked into the room we were impressed with the size of it but the set up was very strange. There were 2 Queen beds against the back wall, in front of the beds there was a love seat and 2 small recliners in front of the furniture was a dresser with TV. To the left of the TV was a an ironing board mounted to the wall and an iron. Next to that in the corner was a microwave stacked on top of a refrigerator. There was a small vanity in the entry way and to the left of the vanity was the bathroom. On the surface from the quick glance it looked pretty clean, we were in a hurry so I gathered my toiletries and headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower - although the bathroom looked as though it had been clean there were hairs left in the bathtub. All types of hairs, if you catch my drift. I asked my husband to come rinse them down as I took a closer look at the room. I pulled the covers on the bed back and the sheets looked clean. When I took a closer look at the recliners there were stains all over both of them. Then I walked over the fridge and microwave - they were FILTHY!! There was stuff splattered all over the front of both of them, they were covered in something and it was disgusting!! At that moment we gathered our things and marched downstairs to check out and get out money back. At first he wanted me to talk to the housekeeper and I explained that there was no need, he did offer another room and I explained that we would be finding another hotel and would not under any circumstances be staying here!!! I DO NOT SUGGEST THIS HOTEL!!! We ended up staying at the Hampton Inn in Bay Area Blvd. - the room there was $30 more but it was 100% better - a GREAT hotel. Next time I will be going there first and not opting for the "cheap" hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family