“Would stay here again”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in League City
Texas
“Would stay here again”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed two nights recently while visiting relatives. The hotel appears to be new, and the whole place was very clean. Our room was standard Hampton (good). The beds were very comfortable, and the temperature was easy to control. We were there when there were few guests, and our room overlooked the pool area. It was quiet and very pleasant. There were a couple of negatives. One was the speed of the internet---extremely slow, even in the business center. The other was the breakfast room which is on the small side and didn't have enough four top tables.----Lots of tables for two and a table for a large family. The breakfast was less appealing than we have experienced at other Hamptons. The first morning we had eggs with small bits of steak, peppers, etc., sliced smoked sausage (not the breakfast kind), and seasoned cubes of potatoes---none of which were very hot. The next day we had cheese omelet, Canadian bacon, and French toast strips---again, not very hot. The coffee bar was located outside of the dining area in front of the sign in desk, which would be inconvenient if there were several families trying to check out during breakfast hours. The hotel is easy to access, as it is on the feeder road on the east side of IH 45. The staff is very friendly. We would stay there again--although not wildly enthusiastically.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were trying to book a room in Galveston for the Lone Star Rally, early November 2012. As the prices started to rise for lodging that I thought were actually worth 1/4th the asking price and the distance from Galveston became greater, I saw a blinking Hampton Inn price and I booked it. Then, we had to figure out where League City was. I thought of big oilmen in cowboy hats and snakeskin boots staying at the Hampton. I read the reviews and never looked back. It’s a family oriented upscale hotel that has a pool, gym, free breakfast and was located right on the service road for I-45. It’s not in oilfields but an area booming with stores, restaurants and things to do like visit Kemah for kid attractions and family restaurants.
I checked in early as my room had just been serviced. The front desk is made up of people oriented personnel and, yes, Mercedes is there to welcome you just like previous posts. The free breakfast meal is more than you would expect for comparable hotels and the oatmeal was one of the best I’ve ever had. Coffee makers are located in the lobby and in your room. The room we wanted was a double queen and neither bed had the “dip” near where the remote control is for the TV. The room was spotless, tub free of hair, the windows clean and if I had a complaint, it would be no microwave or fridge but a microwave is available in the dining room. There are 2 elevators, hallway carpet was spotless, never went into the pool but it looked inviting and I popped my head into the gym just to say to myself that I had written a complete report.
In all fairness, I did have what I thought were Sumo wrestlers above my room. I put up with it for 1 hour then called the front desk. 5-7 minutes later, the wrestlers discontinued their bout and it was a quiet night. The next morning, no fewer than 3 desk personnel apologized for the wrestlers. For what we pay a little more for at Hampton Inns: safety, security, clean lodging, parking and…quiet, I got all that and more. I mentioned restaurants in the area and have to specifically mention the BBQ restaurant Spring Creek, literally right down the block from Hampton Inn but a circuitous route to get there as one must pass over the I-45, head South and come back (North) on the service road from Exit 20. Really good BBQ. Also on that service road is a huge Best Buy and about 100-200 stores and restaurants within 1-2 miles of the hotel. If you want more shopping, the Outlet Mall is located on highway I-45 south about 4 miles from the Hampton.
I trailered my motorcycle to the hotel and drove the bike from there to Galveston and all over Galveston County. I was there for 3 days and will come back. Galveston Beach is about a 25 minute bike trip and I-45 ends on Broadway, in the City. Why pay the higher prices and worry about your kid’s security when you can stay here and relax. The morning breakfast seemed more family oriented during the weekend with kids running down to make waffles and eat things, sweet things, from the counter. The hotel also provides packaged breakfast to go for those on the go who can’t get to relax and be a kid again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south overlook the parking lot and your car or motorcycle. Rooms facing north get more...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a wonderful hotel! I booked a group there for our Grand Opening for Tanger Outlet Centers and we really enjoyed the hotel. The beds were heavenly, everything very clean and the staff was most accommodating!

I highly recommend this hotel if you are in this area. And go down 2 exits and visit Tanger Outlet Center and shop til you drop!

Celeste Dixon
Tanger Outlet Centers

Room Tip: A little hard to get to due to street renovations, but well worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were only there one night, but were very happy with our brief stay. Attractive lobby, clean and nicely appointed room, surprisingly modern and attractive design throughout the facility, fast wireless internet, and outstandingly friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Iowa
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a very nice hotel. According to the front desk person, it's just under 2 years old and it shows. We had a king room, which was very clean. The entire hotel, actually, was very clean. The bathroom was large, which is nice. The only problem we had was the water had only two temps: hot and hotter. We informed the front desk of this when we left and they were very apologetic and said they would get it fixed right away. It wasn't a huge deal to us--we figured out a way to make it work.
They had a free hot breakfast. It was decent. I'd say average for a hotel, but it's always nice to have the option to eat something hot in the hotel.
Overall, we had a great stay and would stay there again if we're ever in the area!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Our daughter lives near this hotel, so we stay here every couple of months when visiting. Nice, comfortable hotel with a pleasant staff. The breakfast could be a little better. The location is convenient to various attractions as well.

Stayed May 2012
Orange, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The aircondioner in our room would not cool off the room all night. The room had wheelchair access but the towel bar fell off the wall when we put a towel on it. The toilet ran all night, cutting on and off every 15 seconds. The bed was hard and I woke up sore, just in time for my daughters surgery. I would not recommend this Hampton to anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the room before you check in!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
HOULC2320, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/League City, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Victori1010

I appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. We are 100% A.D.A. compliant. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments and please contact us if you would like to discuss further.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near League City
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center-Clear Lake

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/League City? Share your experiences!