“Stay here before your Galveston cruise instead of in town.”

Candlewood Suites League City
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in League City
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I'd never stayed at a Candlewood before but will definitely give the chain another look next time we need kitchen facilities. I really don't care about daily maid service (seriously, how dirty can your towels get after one days use?) the room was quiet and the laundry facilities did not require me to carry pockets full of quarters.
The front desk staff were helpful - I needed an ethernet cord, and a corkscrew - both requests were filled quickly and with a smile.
We were leaving for a cruise from Galveston the next day and found prices in League City to be ALOT lower than in Galveston itself. Lots of shopping available close by as well

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank canadiancraftsman
Zhan J, Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Canadian Craftsman,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and hotel staff. I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay at Candlewood Suites League City. We are enthusiastically looking forward to your next reservation at our hotel.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stayed here over spring break. The hotel was full but we were never bothered by noise. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which was enough space for our family of 4. Room includes a kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and basic utensils. Note this is an extended stay hotel so it does not come with daily room cleaning, although you can request it. Also there is no breakfast, but with the kitchen you can keep your own food to save money on meals. Both tv's also had a dvd player, although the remotes never worked with the dvd. We had to request linens for the pull-out couch and extra towels, and these were provided although service was a little slow. Wifi internet is available, but it is a spotty connection. If needing internet, I'd recommend bringing an ethernet cable (wired is also available). Pool and workout room appeared maintained and in good condition. Front desk staff were friendly. Hotel is located within 15 minutes of places like NASA, Kemah boardwalk, and about 20 minutes to galveston - the rate is much cheaper here than closer to the attractions and it was worth the extra savings. Also near many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Shpoo,

Thank you for sharing your satisfactory stay experience with other travelers on this website. As you mentioned, our hotel is a perfect spot for a linger stay in League City. You will feel like home, in a big room with a full kitchen at Candlewood Suites. Besides, hotel location makes it very easy to explore all the adventures of League City to Galveston. We have made changes to our internet, which makes our connection a little faster. Thank you again for staying at Candlewood Suites League City.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a great stay April 2013. If you aren't familiar with Candlewood, there are full kitchens in the rooms, queen bed, laundry rooms on site ( very clean). Staff was ok, didn't go above and beyond but were friendly as long as you didn't need/ask/want anything that required extra work. Still, great stay. Love the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephanie N,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your recent stay. Your feedback is very important for us to improve our product and services. I will share your feedback with the staff and we will definitely make improvements in the areas that we lack.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel many times because the location is near my interest and during non-summer months the fee was fairly reasonable. The problem is you get what you pay for. After my last stay will be my last stay. Reason I stayed this last one time was due to the fact that during my previous stay I had to move rooms several times and the new general manager sorted it out and asked me to give it another chance as she was trying to resolve all the problems with the hotel. We'll she was not there anymore this visit so back to the old same.

One recurring problem is the ice machine in the fridge doesn't start making ice for hours. When it does begin making ice it maybe will make a glass of ice over a day. This is in all the rooms that I stayed in. The hotel has no other ice available. I always had to go buy ice for the stay.

Lastly the internet service is intermittent and drops every few minutes. This last stay the phone started ringing every 10 minutes at 7 am. The front desk said the system went down over night. But this has happened to me before at this hotel. So much for sleeping in.

If you want to stay somewhere cheap and you are easy to please this is a good stay. Otherwise find another hotel.

Room Tip: Without requesting it you will get a room on the first floor which always seemed to have TV/DVD prob...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rick H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Rick O,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the ice maker and internet connectivity issues prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here the night before our cruise because it was on special with IHG Rewards points. The place looked like it had just been built! It is behind a Tire and Auto Repair place. We needed a room with 2 beds and that request was granted by Vanessa when we checked in. Had to take alot of luggage to the room to organize our bags for the cruise. Room was clean but I heard a beeping. Went out for a while and when we returned - still heard beeping. I didn't know if it was a smoke detector or the dishwasher. Called front desk and Vanessa came up and listened. She reset the dishwasher and that fixed the beeping! I wasn't familiar with the type of dishwasher in the room. Found a packet of microwave popcorn in the microwave - Vanessa told us that should be there. So we watched TV & ate popcorn. The next morning there was coffee for the coffeemaker, bought some juice & milk and brought Oatmeal with us so we could eat in the room. The AC worked good, beds were comfy. Ready to re-load our van and ELEVATOR OUT OF ORDER! We had to carry all our luggage down the hall & down the stairs! Should have requested 1st floor room! Redeemed coupons for our free sodas. Check out was quick - No Charge!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The bed is completely heavenly! I slept like a rock on the wonderful bed, and then I saw a sticker on the fridge that explains how you can buy their custom made beds on their website. I am SO INTERESTED! The hotel is pretty far from the beach, and the room is fairly small, but it has everything you need! It's clean, comfortable, and way cheaper than anything on Seawall. There was a problem with our reservation when we were checking in (at 3:30 AM), but it got resolved with a call to customer care and speaking to the GM. I acted like a JERK, though, and I want to apologize to Porchea! I hope you forgive me! There was no reason for me to act like that. I love the hotel, and I'll be back!

Room Tip: The whole place is silent, we never heard any noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is horrible!! Seems they are so hard up for money I don't know why they even opened. We used our debit card and they not only authorized the WHOLE room amount but charged our card again for each night we were there. And now we have to wait 7 days for the hold to release. However, this was never mentioned while we were checking in. I was later shown a little sign that said if I used my debit card a hold would be placed for 5-7 business days. That sign didn't tell me crap. So basically for a week we are being charged double. The beds were very uncomfortable and for what we paid a night, I would think they could afford a upgraded mattress without springs poking you in the back. And they are so hard up for money, they can't even offer a continental breakfast. This place was the worst place I have ever stayed and the staff didn't care. I WON'T be staying here ever again, and I dang sure won't recommend this place to anyone I know. They don't even offer ice machines, you have to check in, turn on your icemaker in the fridge in your room and WAIT for it to produce. This place is a joke.

Room Tip: I can't offer any good advice or helpful tips. This place is too horrible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mstxnproud
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites League City, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear mstxnproud,

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome feedback as it assist us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests.

I am concerned to read the troubles you had during your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with the charges on your credit card and truly sorry for the shortcomings you had during your stay. This is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with so kindly be assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used to reconsider updates.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near League City
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/League City
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Webster
Best Western Webster Hotel, NASA
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Best Western Mainland Inn & Suites

Been to Candlewood Suites League City? Share your experiences!