“Authentic just like being across the border, but your not”
Review of La Posada Hotel

La Posada Hotel
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed here with intentions to walk across the boarder, but heard it wasn't to safe over there so stayed in the USA. Walked downtown and shopped, went to both pools at the hotel. The rooms were old but clean and the staff were so freindly and accomodating. We ate in the hotel and at the Tack ajoining the hotel, was the best steak I ever had. Beautiful area, I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: You can get a room looking at Mexico over the Rio Grand, but the rooms that over look the pool are j...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great hotel with character and a lot of history. Unfortunately, could not get a room facing Mexico, for a window view of the crossing, but I booked on short notice. Would rate higher except for the $8.00 dollar charge to park my own vehicle.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Gary92
Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you love watching people having sex in the pool/hot tub then this is the place for you. Just make sure your kids don't get in the hot tub. Also, the rooms smell like mold, illegals jump the wall and run through the lobby with border agents after them and occasionally hookers will troll the halls. Other than that, I'd still stay at the the Homewood.

Room Tip: Stay at the Homewood!!
10  Thank Robby G
Reviewed June 14, 2013

At first I enjoyed my stay with only a few minor pet peeves. But, then I was forced to endure "checkoutgate" and I have never been so insulted with a customer service experience! I was a speaker at a conference & used my 30 min. lunch to check out...With NO LINE or other customers to attend to, they took over 20 minutes attempting to process the parking charge. I finally pointed out that I was going to be late for my speech (I was!) & that if they could not charge me for the parking they should comp it because I had to go. Their attitude was atrocious! Finally they handed me a receipt that said "refund due $____" But, because they were so snarky I decided to check with CHASE to see if they charged me. Sure enough, they lied. They charged me! So I call back to explain that they either need to process the promised refund or issue me another receipt so that I can expense the charge. What followed was a horrid experience. They called me all kinds of insulting things and hung up the phone. I would call back, ask for a Manager, they would hang up again or give me some excuse (along with more insulting comments). Clearly they have caller ID because eventually they stopped taking my calls. I call from my mom's phone, they answer but once they hear its me its expletives and yelling and "don't call us again!" and... Long story short, no matter what I did those two jerks at the front desk would keep me from accessing someone in Management and I was getting so furious now I was screaming. Long story short, I asked another conference guest to call the front desk and ask for Catering. THEN, I finally get a Manager. At first The Manager didn't seem to believe the story (they ARE the nicest hotel in town, after all...). But, when I provided the information trail including the number of calls, he apologized and promised to look into it. Absolutely the worst experience ever!

Room Tip: If you are on a courtyard, draw the curtains if undressed!
5  Thank Esmeralda V
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was my first visit to Laredo. My husban booked this hotel for me because he thought its one of the best in town! The staff was very rude, no Internet in my room (they said it doesn't wok and I have to go to the computer room to use it) they didn't let me use the phone to call locally! I stayed there for a week and I was very disappointed. I don't recommend it and I would never go there again. Such a waste of money!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Abbygarza
Reviewed June 5, 2013

First time in Laredo in more than thirty years. Was afraid the La Posada would be like an old former beauty queen gone to seed. I was so excited when we pulled up in front and entered the lobby! It is still regal and beautiful and all that I remembered as elegant and chic. The suite we were in was fantastic with balcony overlooking the Rio Grande. Staff were attentive and very helpful. Best of all they are dog friendly!! Priced higher than a run of the mill chain but oh so worth the extra $20 or thirty dollars. They had few guests and I fear her reign must end if the violence continues across the bridge.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to river view suite
2  Thank Linda F
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel is located in the historic town square which makes a nice island in the midst of blocks of rundown curio shops. The location overlooks two bridges into Nuevo Laredo Mexico one of which is pedestrian friendly. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the facility and the courtesy of the staff. The valet parking was included in our room price and the the bell staff was very efficient. It made the arrival experience very nice. I would echo the comments in other reviews about the food in the restaurant. Very good, and there are not a lot of alternatives within walking distance on the American side anyway. Once caveat is not to plan on a quick meal. The service is slow, but again, not a big deal if you allow for it.
Our room had a balcony overlooking the river, and it was clean and comfortable. One hint might be to close the drapes and turn down the A/C upon arrival as it took a while to cool off our room (it was 102 degrees outside that day).
The grounds which contained two pools were beautifully landscaped and created a calming atmosphere in the midst of a bustling downtown area. All in all I would recommend this place and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends