“Has changed for the better”

Days Inn & Suites Laredo
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
Lima Ohio
“Has changed for the better”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The days inn is close to many places to eat like golden corral buffalo wild wings mcdonalds china buffet krispy kreme overall the pool was nice the locations is awesome within walking distance to everything

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Littleton
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I was in Laredo on biz and stayed @ the DI for 2 nights. I was pleased with my room; it was clean and well cared for and appeared to have had a fairly recent upgrade. To my surprise, they have a fitness room and the equipment all works, unlike a lot of places where it's broken down. The breakfast is a good value and the staff I interacted with during my stay were friendly and helpful. I'd definitely return.

Room Tip: Small note: if you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the RR tracks behind the hotel...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona, USA
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I checked in on a Sunday night at the full rate. The next morning I asked the desk attendant for a weekly rate since I was to stay for many weeks on a job in Laredo. He said I would get that rate. When I paid my bill for 8 days I was charged full bore without the weekly rate. I would have been happy one full-bore rate and 7 days at the weekly rate. No, they had to have it all, and refused to discuss it.

I would not trust anyone there. The general manager refused to talk to me, and the desk staff acted as his smokescreen. What would they say if the ripoff happened to them?

Keep on going to a decent place, perhaps further East of Laredo. Be ready to dispute your bill with your credit card company.

Room Tip: Read the reviews before checking in. I did for a nearby city, and they all said you would be better...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank ddd98201

Travelers are raving about these Laredo hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stay at this Days Inn at least once a month. The staff is always friendly and helpful. They have washers and dryers so doing our laundry is easy. The rooms are clean (and pet-friendly). Nice pool. Good food nearby. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Anne L
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Just another cheap hotel. Employees at front desk apparently haven't been trained for a customer service position. Very unfriendly, slow, and borderline rude. Rooms are okay, but not very comfortable, and smell old.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank trukrdude
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have stayed here twice now and have had bad service from the morning staff each time. They act like it is a inconvenience to request a room. The rooms that face the interstate makes it hard to sleep due to traffic noise. The breakfast is below average, and rooms need updated.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank John S
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2012

As a day sleeper, I have had house keeping wake me up two different times even with a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. The house keeper has opened the door with the chain on door and has called the room waking me up. The staff at the desk in the morning has failed twice to notify the cleaning crew of my sleeping in the day checking out that evening. The attitude is far below what I expect from someone that is running a motel.
The breakfast is way below standard also. The traffic on I 35 is very noisy and motel is next to train tracs. That alone will keep you awake.

• Stayed February 2012