“Outstanding Service and hotel”

Staybridge Suites Laredo
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I am not familiar with the area and was not sure where to stay. I was very lucky to chat with one of the agents from Staybridge and she was the most polite and helpful front desk representative that I could ask for. She told me more about the city and she help me with my reservation at Staybridge. Thank God I did!!!! The service that I received at all times was very professional and show that they really care about me. The hotel is very clean and my suite was very comfortable that I didn't want to go home after I was done with my job assigment. I will defenately come back to this hotel next time!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 21, 2010

I was very frustrated after driving 4 hours all by myself..I didn't want to talk to anyone..As soon as I got to hotel, the employees started greeting me as if they new me. It felt nice. The front desk clerk had my keys ready and let me know there was a light dinner included with the stay and free hot breakfast. That sounded great. As I walked to my room, I kept running into other employees and they all greeted me like if I was the queen. The room was excellent and comfortable. Perfect hotel...I will never stay anywhere else in Laredo other than Staybridge.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2010

Website shows you really nice photos on the rooms and front desk tell you over the phone all rooms and like the photo...with full living room area and full kitchen...LIES LIES LIES.

It is a MOTEL 6 with a mickey mouse fridge, microwave, and two burner top stove.

TRAVELER BEWARE...........................................................................

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank mr_bombero
Reviewed April 11, 2010

I
Booked on priceline, when I arrived late at night, they wanted $15 more for two beds, even though Ibooked for two guests, and their website was the same price for one or two beds. Management explained they only did this to priceline customers. As far as I know this violates priceline policy. There were plenty of two bed rooms, they just wanted more money, yes,that is exactly what they said, they even put it in writing.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank gypsy490
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I had stayed there on a business trip a few months ago.
On that trip, the poolside music went on at 3:00 AM accidentally, and it took the front desk 20 minutes to get it turned off.
My room had a pool view and the music woke me.
The next morning when I told the staff that I had to get up early, and was not prepared for my meeting due to the middle-of-the-night pool noise, they refunded the room charge for the night.
The suites are amazing. They are like new apartments. The Internet speed in our room was fantastic at all times of day, wired and wireless.
Beside that, everything was perfect. The breakfast, the staff, the pool/jacuzzi, and so on.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank surendran
Reviewed December 29, 2009

Waking up with 2 large bug bites (bedbugs? spiders?) was not the worst part. The worst part was ending up here at all, by accident, which of course all hotels are when you book on Priceline. Only normally, when you book a 3 star hotel, you expect to get a 3 star hotel. This one was anything but.

The hotel is on the far east edge of town -- and by "edge", I mean the very edge. Further out is pure desert scrubland. It's vaguely near the airport and the events center, but nowhere close to the shops and businesses near the border in downtown Laredo.

If you look at the photos on the hotel's website, you get the image of large luxurious rooms with separate sitting areas and a dining nook. Our room was not that. Our room was a small single room, extremely cramped for me, my brother, and my 12-year-old son. The television was old and had an image burned onto the screen. The room was so stuffy we had to turn the A/C on at night to keep from suffocating, even though it was in the 40's outside. The finishes were cheap.

Since there were 3 of us, we asked the front desk clerk for a room with 2 beds. He said no, since we booked on Priceline, they would have to charge us an extra $40/night for that. This seemed excessive, so my brother and I shared the single bed, and my son slept on the chair and footstool.

Then I got the bugbites. After that, it was hard to appreciate the breakfast buffet (which was reasonably good). But a decent breakfast taco does not turn a 2 or 2.5 star hotel into a 3 star. There are better options in Laredo.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2009

This hotel is one that you know that you can find clean suites, friendly staff and great value since many of the services are free. I don't have to take chances any more I found the best hotel in Laredo.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo