“Clean suites and friendly staff!”

Staybridge Suites Laredo
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel is always clean I have been here before and they never let me down. Staff always friendly and they even remembered my kids and my name. Breakfast was great a lot to chose from and we even had dinner for free...my kids love the outdoor pool and I love the SB bed. I will recommend this hotel by the way the location is the best since I felt safe at all times. Thanks Staybridge Staff for your warm hospitality.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Newer hotel. It was very clean. The help at the desk went above and beyond expectations. The ittle store wasn't stocked very well.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We like to stay in either Residence Inns or Staybridge Suites on our twice annual drives across the country because they are consistently pleasant, clean and nicely designed. The ONLY positive thing we can say about this SB is that the staff were friendly and helpful. The room design was peculiar and dark to say the least, lights didn't work, clock either, tiny fridge, tiny sink, no lighting on the desk, one chair, no usual sofa, to use to watch TV, bathroom sink cracked, faucets corroded, the hair dryer popped and crackled like it was going to explode so couldn't use, no kitchen lighting other than small strip above small sink, and, although we had made the reservation in advance, the room wasn't ready until 5:30PM...not good after a long day of travel. Hard to believe that this is part of the SB chain since it was expensive, $142. plus tax, (studio with 2 queen beds) and nothing like the previous 5 nights of SB visits. The fact that we had to drive five miles back into Laredo proper to find a restaurant put the icing on the cake!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SMA/MI
Reviewed September 23, 2011

There are limited choices when staying in Laredo. This hotel was on the north side near the airport and have there several times. Unfortunately, the hotels in Laredo are used heavily by oilfield workers and truck drivers. Nothing against them, but they bring in a lot of dirt, oil and are heavily soiled hotel giving the hotel a funny smell and just isn't a clean as I like. On top of that, Staybridge does only "light touch" cleaning which is nearly no touch. Housekeeping only takes out the trash and leaves towels daily. They don't even clean out the coffee maker or put stuff in the dishwasher.

Room Tip: Ask for the best room. Maybe it is used less?
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CyndiI
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Rigth now I am stay in the garbage hotel, you hear right is a garbage room and garbage bedroom and garbage trash can, everything for one simple reason:

Incredible reason! The housekeeping doesn't exist in weekends they don't make the bed, don't take out the garbage from the trash and don't give a fresh towels.

I stay in stay brige for more than 2 years at least for one or two nigth every month, but this is the last stay in stay garbage weekends!

Sent from my iPad

Alejandro garza lozano
Monterrey mexico

Room Tip: Don't stay in weekends
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I had concerns about staying at this hotel after the adverse comments from others who have stayed at this hotel. I have found to my surprise that they were unfound and that I could not fault the front desk who were most helpful. I booked in early, and there was no problems with that. I asked for a room over looking the pool, staff had no problems accomodating my request. I found the room to be very spacious and very clean. Would recommend to other travellers to stay here. And to my surprise no extra charges, unlike other hotels I've stayed in on my trip to the USA.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

This place has really gone south! Way DOWN! I have stayed at this hotel in the past about a year ago, so I did not hesitate to book a room there again. BIG MISTAKE-O! Upon entering the hotel, I got yelled at by other guests to hurry up because they were tired of waiting to check in at the front desk. I was dressed in business attire so they mistakenly thought I was working the front desk. After another 10 minutes lapsed, front desk help finally arrived and reservations were a MESS! They could not find anyones paperwork. The counter girl kept flipping stacks of paper around but could not check anyone in.

The hotel is noted as a three star hotel, but one is too many. It is creepy when you have people sleeping and camped out on the lobby floor because the rooms are not ready and check in way too long. When I finally get my keys, I walked into the elevator followed by a mexican thug with covered with tatooes that slipped into the elevator as the doors were closing. It was the longest elevator ride of my life as we were both headed to the third floor. I said hello to this person, but got no reply back. I had NEVER FEARED FOR MY SAFETY as I did at that moment. When we got to the third floor I waited for him to exit first. I pretended to look for my phone in my bag to linger behind. SIGH!

When I got to my room, it smelled HORRIBLE but Thank GOD I had packed my own travel size Lysol because knowing what was out there--I was not going to venture out again. After one night, I checked out of there as quickly as could even though I had originally booked a two night stay.

I told the manager how badly things went the night before at registration and about the horrible smell, but the she did not care to hear about it. After getting the cold shoulder, I felt telling her about the slamming doors and knocking on walls throughout the night would be pointless.

Since breakfast was included in the overnight stay, I had planned to eat there before checking out, however the breakfast area was a zoo and a dirty mess! So I grabbed a banana and split!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business