“Close to the Mall del Norte”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Laredo at Mall del Norte
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
Hokksund, Norway
“Close to the Mall del Norte”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel is situated right across the parking lot of Mall del Norte (Dilland's entrance).

The front desk is fast and friendly. You get all information you need from them.

When booking from the internet there were only smoking rooms available. We hoped to have the room changed when we got there, but only somking rooms were free. The immidiately brought in a air cleaning machine, but the smoke was in both carpet and curtains, so it did not help much. However, they did what they could to get rid of the strong smell of smoking.

The room was very well equipped with large fridge, cooking facilities and a dish washer.
The bathroom was nice and the bed was fantastic.

We got both a complimentary breakfast and dinner. The day we wisited the dinner was more like a brunch, but the dinner menu was different each day.

The breakfast consisted of both hot and cold dishes and was quite OK.

Except for the Mall del Norte there is not much to see in the area around the hotel, but with a car you can find restaurants a few minutes away.

I would have no problems to choose Homewood Suites again if I wisist Laredo, but I would definitely try to get a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Ajijic, Mexico
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Spent one night before crossing the border into Mexico and driving further South. Hotel was very comfortable and the staff was extremely helpful in providing assistance and information about the area. Room was very clean and everything was in good working order. The breakfast was good and the dining area was clean. The hotel is a little hard to find as it is off the highway and you must navigate through a few turns, but the GPS led me right to it. Lots of places near by to satisfy any hunger, as is the mall for walking and sight seeing. Hotel has adequate security at night to watch the vehicle (a must when close to the border). Check in and check out were painless. Will definitely stay there next time traveling through the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Traveler9485
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff were friendly. Excellent.

• Stayed June 2011
NEw Braunfels
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I have stayed in Laredo on business for 22 years. If there were a better place in town, with atmosphere, as well as equally polite & pleasant people than Adrian & the employees at Homewood, I would be very surprised.

The ribs & brisket the Adrian cook occasionally are an added bonus to a great place to stay when traveling!

Michael Hurst

New Braunfels Tx

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank mikehur1963
Kiel, Germany
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Since the opening of the hotal my family stayed there yearly about two times per year, always in Dezember and January.
The first time wir stayed there a few weeks after the hotel was opened.
personal/staff: friendly, helpful, customer orientated
(our) rooms: spacious, clean, well equipped (e. g with kitchen, freezer etc.)
environment: okay, but nicht superb.

At the next stay in the middle of the night I was woken up and scared by a noise I could not identifiy at first. Something was bashing reapeatedly against our room winndows. It was the watering machine that started working at around 2 a.m.
When I mentioned this fact at the frontdesk I was given this night for free. That was more than I expected,

Most recent stays December 2008/January 2009 13./14.12, 26./27.12 and 6.1/7.1.2009:

At the stay 13./14.12.2008 I found the lock in the bathroom door broken. I reporeted this. At our stay 26.12/27.12 we got the same room and the lock was repaired. This showed me that the hotel really is serious when it wants the guests to report such things.

At the morning of the 27.12. my wife an I had to take our breakfast next to the frontdesk because there were no chairs availabe in the eating area. We reported this obvious fact to the person at the frontdesk. The reacton was: we are sorry, we will try our best that this will not happen again. When we had nearly finished the breakfast we were offered a table, but that made no sense anymore. They person at the frontdek told us they will try better next time.

At the stay of the 6.1/7.1.2009 we booked a room for four persons. When we entered the room, the bed (couch) for our children was not preparedl like we found it in recent stays. The report of this to the frontdesk was firendly but firmly answered: we are not a full-service hotel and you have to make the bed yourselves. We also tell this in our website.
My wife and I were astonished because all other stays we experienced something else. Also we found only three towels in the room, weven thought we booked explicetly for four persons. My report of this to the frontdesk by telephone had the following answer: please, come to the frontdesk and get the towel yourself. The person who helps me is temporarily not here.

I was really astonished, because this was not customer orientated. It was surely not my problem that the room was not well prepared and even less that the person who helped the person at the frontdesk was not there.
Nevertheless, I was just about to make my way to the frontdesk when the phone rang and the person from the frontdesk told me, that there were no towels at this moment. Anyway, a few minutes later when I went out of the room a young man from the hotel just come along and gave me the towels we aked for.

To sum up our experiences: somehow to us it seems as if the customer service is not as good as it was in the first year.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank cheflock
Monterrey
Reviewed July 2, 2007

Last weekend we went to Laredo and since my wife had recently been operated we wanted to take it easy and stay overnight. I really had been planning to book a room in another hotel also across the street from the Mall del Norte but got confused with the name (yeah laugh) and ended up reserving at the Homewood. Didn't find out about my mistake until we got there and it was already too late to cancel so we just prepared ourselves to some sort of bad surprise. Where we wrong. The hotel turned out to be much much better than we expected. Got a studio room with a king size bed and a sofa. It's got a real nice kitchen with all you need to cook (if you like cooking). Since we travel with kids and it was already late to go out for dinner we just went to a nearby supermarket and I bought some food that I cooked in the room. The king bed is awesome. Bathroom's clean, only issue there is the shower glass door doesn't slide open, it opens out so the floor gets all wet. They serve a buffet breakfast in the morning. Didn't like the omelette otherwise it was OK. Got a pool and gym which are Ok.
I'm glad I found this place because I will certainly be coming back.

• Liked — Bed
  • Disliked — Breakfast omelette
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Homero M
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed March 12, 2007

I am a Huge homewood fan so be aware. This hotel is in a great location, right behind the mall. Very clean & well maintained. The breakfast is good & always has cofee ready. I enjoy the business center at no charge. The Embassy Suites is about 100 feet away. it has a great steakhouse in it. Book early it's usually packed

• Liked — Room size
  • Disliked — Hard to find
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business