“Clean, friendly and secure”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Seattle, Washington
“Clean, friendly and secure”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We flew into Laredo from Seattle so it was a long day. The front desk was knowledgeable, friendly and courteous. We got our rooms quickly. The rooms were spacious spotless and quiet. Breakfast, as always at Embassy suites we quite good with a excellent choice of items including regional dishes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Laredo, United States
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I celebrated my son's birthday at one of the suites and was extremely satisfied with the overall experience he and his friends as well as their parents had. Staff at this hotel were friendly and I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Your Embassy suites charged my credit card over $3,000 for 1 night. 2 weeks later they still
have not put the money back on my credit card. And they cannot tell me why. I should not
have to chase them to get my money back. They ripped me off

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank gary b
amenendez39, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Please contact me directly at art.menendez2@hilton.com so I can speak directly with you about this matter.

Art Menendez
Embassy Suites Laredo

956-723-9100
Laredo, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel exceptionally clean and staff was very friendly. Happy hour was great and atmosphere lent itself to the Xmas ambience! King size bed was great since I have a bad back. Cleanliness all around the hotel was quite impressive since it was a nasty rainy day!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I've always loved the Embassy Suites Hotel, for me is good service and great rooms guaranteed. I visit the city of Laredo quite often and have always stayed at this hotel. The staff was always friendly and the rooms were perfect. Well, I'm very sorry to say, that has changed since my last visit in December 2013.

At arrival, they set me and my family in room 221 before check in time (as usual, they are flexible about that). We opened the room door and there was a strange mat on the carpet. A maintenance guy came to us and asked if that was our room, we say yes, then he said he was going to do some carpet work to clean a stain that was covered by the misterous mat.

We've already had all our bags inside the room so we were going to ask the guy if we can stay in the room, nevermind the stain. Then he picked up the mat and there it was: Oh my god! A big, strong red colored stain that instantly transformed my room in a crime scene. No, definitely we can't stay in room 221 and we (adults and kids) rushed out of it.

So we asked for a room change. My wife rang the front desk on the phone, no problem thay said. They left us waiting on the hall (with all our bags and the little kids) for 10 minutes, then a man named Jesus arrived. He said that our new room was 421... "it's the same room but two stories up" he literally said. But then I saw than the keycard's envelope said "406", so I asked Jesus: "Are you sure is room 421? Here it says 406", I asked. He just said: "then that must be the room". He didn't said "sorry" or "let me check"... we went to the 4th. floor and yes, the right room was 406.

Our new room also had noticeable stains on the carpet, but they weren't as shocking as the ones in the other room so we decided to stay in this room.

Later I rang the front desk to ask for towels, and it took them more than 40 minutes to bring them to our room. At the evening (around 8 or 9 p.m.) I called again to ask for 3 more pillows. 30 minutes later I called and asked again, then another 30 minutes later, a guy knocked our door (quite desesperately) and brought 2 pillows instead of 3. I said that I've asked for 3 pillows, not 2, he clearly did not liked it but brought me another pillow around 15 minutes later.

Also, the bathroom floor had water on it, and I never figured out where it came from.

Well, my experience with the Embassy Suites Laredo was the worst ever. Before this visit, if you asked me which was the best hotel I would have said this one, but not anymore.

The drop in the service quality is quite dissapointing. The only thing that is still great is the breakfast buffet (and it's service). Next time I visit Laredo, I will be staying in another hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Respinosa
Dallas, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with excellent rooms. However, the Manager's Reception is the worst I have ever experienced at an Embassy Suites in Texas. Hopefully, the location of the alcohol out of a small window in the kitchen will change.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Mike R
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2013

4th stay at this property. Very good value for price. Very clean, very safe area, very good breakfast buffet and hospitality reception. Staff is very attentive. Very convenient to restaurants, pharmacy and shopping center. Bar and resaurant area decore very clean, not at all tacky. Would not hesitat to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business