“First time at Embassy Suites in Laredo, TX”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Laredo, United States
“First time at Embassy Suites in Laredo, TX”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

First time staying at Embassy Suites, Laredo, TX. There was no in room safe for valuables, only a small safe deposit box at the front desk. My room also smelled like a dirty old hotel, with a stale smoke smell, even though it was a non-smoking room. Location was good, and free breakfast was ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Clema O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Steven, thank you for your reponse. I apologize that you were not completely happy with your room! I hope we offered to move you. It sounds as if you were in one of our ex-smoking rooms. We have converted to 100% non smoking and the first go around on extracting the room may have left residue. We have just finished having a professional cleaning servce extract all the carpets again the the prior smoking rooms. Please come again, clema Owen GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice hotel. Management and front desk show no sense of urgency to a problem. General manager says hi to guest at times but not consistent enough, many times GM will not even acknowledge you. I will always stay at ES because they are favorite.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jesse, I always make the breakfast rounds every day and speak with people. However; unfortunately, I can't stay in the breakfast area all the time but we do have people assigned to that area in order to make our guests feel welcome. You are always welcome at our hotel and I apologize if you had an urgent problem and the front desk did not respond. They are empowered to make decisions. I have talked with you personally for many years on the phone and made room for you even if we were overbooked, so please ask for me in person the next time you are at the Embassy. I would love to apologize to you in person . Clema Owen, GM
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Our family was very impressed with the clean and comfortable accommodations. Pleasant atmosphere in the lobby and bar area with a fantastic hot cook to order breakfast. We will definitely stay at an Embassy Suites for future trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marci E
Clema O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
YEA! I love that title "Wonderful Stay At Embassy Laredo!" Thank you for posting in Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you the next time you visit Laredo! Clema Owen, GM
Laredo, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I love the Embassy suites ever since I stayed the first time over 20 years ago it is my # 1 choice in hotels that is why I am a HHoners member I will always look for a Embassy suites hotel whatever city I go too in every state and every country I am in they are my # 1 choice in hotels and will always stay thier or another in the same brand

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Marco Q
I am thrilled that you had a great stay at the Laredo Embassy Suites! Thank you so much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. Please come back, soon. Clema Owen, GM
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The staff at this hotel went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Each member of the staff from cleaning personnel to management were extremely friendly and helpful. They were all a top notch group of people and should be recognized for their hard work. Excellent job and thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am so happy that you had a great stay! This is our mission. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor! Come again! Clema Owen, GM
Dallas, United States
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was my first time staying at Embassy Suites and it was awesome! I heard about the free breakfast but was still so impressed with the elaborate setup and countless options to choose from! This is not a typical muffins and coffee offer, it's a full blown feast! Then came the evening reception with free drinks! I looked forward to waking up because of the breakfast and when we were not in our hotel, I looked forward to coming back for the reception. THANK YOU Embassy Suites for making this a wonderful stay for me and my family!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Clema O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your feed back from your stay at the Embassy Suites in Laredo! I am thrilled that you appreciated your "Breakfast Feast!" We comply with the standard provided to us by Embassy Suites / Hilton.

Also, our "Evening Reception" is based on the standards provided to us so I salute you for takig advantage of the reception.

Please come again!
Clema Owen, GM
United States
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is more than a place to sleep. The breakfast is good. It is very hard not to over eat. The facility are very nice and the kind of place that is a vacation in its self. The internet was easy to connect to and was fast. The location is great. It is next to plenty of shopping and a ton of great restaurants. I would suggest to just stay at the hotel and relax eat in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Clema O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you, Scott! Please come again! Clema Owen, GM