“Back in Laredo”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
“Back in Laredo”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Not much change from a prior stay. Breakfast was always good. The gym has the basics and was fine for a 5 day stay.

If you happen to not be driving the shuttle is available for use as long as its not at the airport.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Clema O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor. Not much has changed since your last visit is due to the fact that we change only when Hilton asks us to change the standards. We spent 52K on the workout facility getting it to the Embassy standards so I hope there is no upgrade in the near future. It has the latest equipment including the LED televisions on each piece of equipment. Please come again. Clema Owen, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Staff don't resolve requests, the smell of the bathrooms is bad since there is no extractor and the clean service is very superficial.
You pay for a 5 people room and you get towels an linens for 3.
Very bad!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Clema O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay. We pride ourselves on customer service. You did not mention that you contacted our front office for a resolution to your issues. If so, we could have moved you to another room if you were unhappy unless you were here for the Easter holiday when we were 100%. Extra towels are always available upon request. We appreciate your staying with us and please return. Bring a copy of this message with you and I will be happy to award you a $50 gift card for your inconvenience.

Happy Guests - Yes! (That is our slogan!)
Clema M. Owen, General Manager
Monterrey
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We spent 4 days for Easter break and our kids simply loved the hotel. As you enter you really feel you are in the right place to stay. The only problem we had is that "someone" had cancelled our reservation, but the lady from the front desk was kind enough to provide us our room, since we had our printed reservation.
The hotel is only a few blocks away from the Mall del Norte. We always drove to the mall, but it is a good choice to walk to the mall. Also, everything is so near to the hotel you can always find the big stores and restaurants close to you.
The breakfast and happy hour is full of delicious food for any age. Our kids enjoyed the omelette prepared every morning and not to mention the happy hour snacks!!
The rooms are always clean, beds are comfortable, has a small refrigerator and microwave. We are coming back!!

Room Tip: I am sure any room is great!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Clema O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I am thrilled that we were able to satisfy your needs! Thank you for staying and having such nice things to say! We realize that we work for you!

Clema Owen, GM
Brownsville, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Best place to stay in Laredo. I Love everything aboiut Emabssy Suites. I travel on business at lease 12 days a month. When I got to Embassy Suites on my last visit. The front desk staff recognized me and just handed me my key and room number.

I love the evening reception!!!! Absolutely a brilliant idea!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am thrilled that you had a great stay! Please come again! Our house is your house!
clema Owen, GM
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just came back from dining at the Easter Buffet, and I have to say, we spent $145 dollars on the lowest quality buffet I've ever eaten at. They charged us 15% Grad. for nothing. The waiters came and served us sodas twice, and that's that they took 5 min to refil the drinks, and bring them back. The selection of main courses was horrible. The roast was over cooked to the point where you felt like chewing a rubber glove. It's was so tough. The deserts tasted so generic, I was discusted. When we walked in, there was literally no one but two or three other families. Which I'm not suprised, the buffet sucks. I mean I could have gone to Vegas and ate at a real buffet and had extremely good food, for the same price. That was TOTALLY not worth what I paid for. I recommend to people not to eat room service, or dine in. Heck, I'd rather have gone to the Valero gad station and had there daily lunch special. Never again will I go. I'm also going to tell my friends about this experience. So they don't go.

• Stayed March 2013
Clema O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Out of 155 people who participated in our Easter Buffet, this is the only negative comment. Everyone left with a smile! I personally attended this event as well as 4 other management staff members and no one complained to us.

Our dessert table was beautifully decorated and included our chocolate fountain and 12 other specialty desserts of cupcakes, pies and cakes.

A sumptioius salad bar was provided with a mix of 10 various salads. We provided an omelet station, House smoked salmon, snow crab legs and shrimp, sugar glazed spiral ham, steam ship round with Natural Au Jus, Roasted leg of lamb with Mint Jelly, Almond Crusted Chicken Breast and many other things! A great time was had by all, except one! Clema Owen, GM
san antonio
Reviewed March 30, 2013

very friendly staff, great rooms. Our room had bath handle issues but they went extra mile make us happy.evening cocktail was good (the snacks), free drink was ok (was free). Breakfast again lot of stuff but i end up with great omlet.
sure will stay there if i return to laredo

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am happy you had a great stay! Our intentiion is to put our customers first. Thank you for letting us know that we had a door handle issue and that you gave us an opportunity to take care of it! I am pleased that you enjoyed your omelet! Please come again! We love having guests like you! Clema Owen, GM
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I absolutely adore this hotel. Very spacious, very clean and right in the heart of the town. Mall is walking distance and is in a perfect location. I really love the breakfast, they cook your eggs any style you want. Price is decent and hotel is beautiful. Beds are super comfortable, and they give you a voucher for happy hour. Every time I go to Laredo this is where I stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Clema O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Laredo, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to rate the Embassy in Laredo! Please come again! Our house is your house! Clema Owen, General Manager