The Residence Inn Laredo is a good hotel for the business traveler. They have reliable wireless internet, good morning breakfast, and a staff of people who are dedicated to helping you. Here are the following things I'd like to see improved:
- Get rid of the FRAC guys! Ok, if you don't know what this means, let me explain. I guess the surrounding Laredo area is booming at the moment with oil so the area is filled with people who work in the oilfields. The Residence Inn is booked with people who work in the oilfield and are commonly known in the Residence Inn as the "FRAC guys". These guys work out in the sun all day with tons of protective gear on in miserable conditions. So, when they get back to the hotel, they generally carry around a case of beer and congregate around the hotel and party like it's 1999. Ok, I'm over exaggerating a bit but it can be annoying. Tonight for example, I've had to call the front desk 2 times about telling them to shut up. It seems after the 2nd time they've mellowed out.
- The hotels needs an updating. The kitchen, pillows, bathroom and etc are beginning to show the effects of being warn down. This hotel is in need of renovation. However, it's plenty stay-able as it is. I wasn't happy with my pancake pillows so I had the front desk bring new ones up and it did the trick.
- The guys who run the breakfast and dinner seem to be a bit strange. I don't know what it is but they come off as they have something against me.
Overall, I would stay at this hotel all day rather than stay at the Spring Hill Suites because I know what I am getting here. At the Spring Hill Suites, everyday it was something different that was annoying me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marriott's only upscale, all-suite hotel in Laredo is ideal for business, pleasure & extended stay. Great location off I-35, nearby Mall del Norte, Laredo Airport, TAMIU and the Laredo Energy Arena.Suites are 50% larger than a regular hotel room and include fully-equipped kitchens with a full size fridge, free Wi-Fi and wired internet, and flat-screen TVs. Start your day with a free hot breakfast buffet including scrambled eggs, cereal, waffles, baked goods and fresh fruits each morning during your stay. Enjoy a complimentary dinner with free beer, wine and soft drinks at the manager's receptions held Mon-Thurs. Unwind in the outdoor pool and whirlpool, enjoy the on-site gym and the free VIP access to the local Gold's Gym and bring your pet (additional fees apply).Getting around is easy with the free Laredo hotel shuttle anywhere within a five miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Residence Inn Laredo Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Laredo
- Laredo Residence Inn