La Quinta Inn & Suites Laredo Airport
$109
Staybridge.com
$120
EmbassySuites.com
Red Roof Inn Laredo(Laredo)(Great Value!)
$49
$87
$107
Priceline
  • Pool
$85
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskreal eggsalcoholic beveragesspaghettihuevos rancherosspotless roomsrefried beanssocial houra great stayup to datenice pool areaparking lotlove stayingwafflesbob bullockmorning breakfasthotel stay
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The rooms were very clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The restroom is standard and the toiletries the hotel provides are standard. There is also a microwave and a refrigerator. The interior and exterior is very clean. However, it can be difficult to find parking. Their "Bright Side Breakfast" is great. They serve real eggs and the cook changes the egg menu daily. One day it was bacon and egg, the next day it was sausage and egg with barbacoa tacos and the third day was ham and egg. They also serve waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, toast, and many other breakfast items. The Lemonade and Cookies served 24 hours a day is hit or miss, meaning at times they'll have homemade Otis Spunkmeyer cookies and other times they'll have Chips Ahoy cookies. The afternoon happy hour is standard. They offer two alcoholic beverages per person and unlimited soft drinks. They offer a snacks, peanuts, carrots and chips. The business center has good, updated computers and a laser printer. The fax is at the front desk and there is no charge to use their fax services. The wireless internet was nice and fast. The only drawback is that it's kind of far from downtown and the mall. It will take about 10 - 15 minutes to get downtown or to the major shopping centers closer to IH-35. Overall, you will be happy staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms nearby the elevator. They're pretty loud. And the first floor is pretty loud as well.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank leoperales
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Arrived at 11pm. Quick check in. The room clean, useful and everything worked. You can buy a beer in the lobby to take to your room. That's a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank thomas77379
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This motel near the airport seems new or newly remodeled. We had a nice large room with flat screen tv and beautiful marble counters in the bathroom. Everything was clean and decor very nice. The breakfast was super with lots of choices including hot items such as scrambled eggs with sausage, real oatmeal, waffles, etc. We'd definitely stay again when overnighting in Laredo.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2011

I loved this hotel the staff were very friendly and even the security guard was very nice and polite.
The only problem is the parking, they have to compete with the restaurant that is next door and the bars on the other side. If you are not there early the chances of finding a parking spot are slim. The other problem is that it is not very close to the shopping areas.
The rooms are very nice and clean and if you get a suite they are really big and very nice. I got the one with a small kitchen in it and it was really nice room. The prices are very good for what you get, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Get there early or you will not find a parking spot.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Robert G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Laredo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you so much for your review and recent stay! Our staff works really hard to ensure every guest has a great stay. While the shopping mall is located about ten minutes away there are several large retailers within minutes of our hotel including Target and Wal-Mart. Sometimes our parking lot can be a little busy due to the great restaurants nearby. If you should ever encounter an issue with parking during future visits please do not hesitate to let our front desk know. They are happy assist with any difficulties.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I made reservations on-line for some guests from out-of-town. The room accommodations were for Two Queen Beds.

When I arrived to check-in our guests, the employee said the room was for only a single bed. This was not what was confirmed, so needless to say, I wasn’t happy. It also became obvious the employee had no intention of accommodating our reservation and we proceeded to wait in the lobby as she attended to other guests. There did not seem to be a manager on duty at the time and the employee seemed afraid to make a decision without consulting with a manager. So in the meantime, we are waiting and waiting, with our out-of-town guests, with me profusely apologizing to them. I felt so humiliated and embarrassed.

I asked why we couldn’t have a different room with two queen beds and she replied she couldn’t give away another customer’s room who had not checked in yet because the other guest had made those reservations personally. This infuriated me since I was made to feel that I was not as significant or important of a customer and my reservation which was made on-line was not as good because it was not a “personal” reservation, although it was made weeks ago.

My husband called the main La Quinta reservations phone number and received information (from a very helpful representative) that someone at the La Quinta had changed the reservation the day before without our knowledge and without consulting us. This is unacceptable. The employee finally spoke to her manager on the phone, and then adding insult to injury, she spoke in Spanish, as if she was trying to be deceptive and secretive about what was going on. I guess she did not realize that my husband speaks Spanish fluently. The last time I checked, although Laredo is a border town, it is still part of the United States, and it is very rude to speak Spanish in front of customers, especially when they think the customer doesn’t understand what they are saying.

Because my husband understood exactly what was discussed in Spanish, it was discovered that a supervisor had changed the reservation but could not recall why she had made the change. It was this supervisor’s fault for all the problems since she was the one who had made the change, which put the employee in a difficult situation. Although the fault lies with the supervisor, the unprofessional, poor customer service received from the employee cannot be excused either.

Finally, after about an hour, the employee assigned us a room with two queen beds. My guest said to me, “She could have done that 45 minutes ago.” Yes, he was absolutely correct. I waited in the lobby while my husband assisted our guests to the room and made sure the room was acceptable. When he returned we went back up to the desk to ask the employee for her name and she responded to him. It is also important to note that although I was standing right next to him, she refused to make eye contact with me and there was absolutely no apology to me whatsoever.

If people here do not improve their customer service, it just adds to the perception of “Typical Laredo.” Eventually, the manager called to try to make amends but there was even some miscommunication with that.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends