“non comunication”

Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
New York City, New York
“non comunication”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

my family stay at the hotel tried to talk with them by phone and the hotel staff never answer the phones I been tried for 2 hours and they still without answering the phone and got not automatic system to re route the calls to the rooms. my family was waiting for confirmation number for their flights and they lost their flights.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jerry P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laredo, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I do apologize for the experience that you had with the phones not being answered when you tried to contact the hotel. I wanted to advise you that this is not the type of service that we want to provide. If I may be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact me. Once again I do apologize and expect that this will not happen again in the future. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pachuca, Mexico
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I've stayed at this Marriott more times than I can count. The staff is always helpful and friendly.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, beds are excellent, the pillows are even better. Bathrooms are big and have a tub. There are two kinds of rooms, regular and suites. The main difference between the rooms is size, the suites have a sofa bed, an extra TV and a small refrigerator. Price difference is ten dollars if I'm not mistaken.

Hot Breakfast is included, there is fruit (bananas and apples) yogurt, milk (chocolate, non fat, regular, 2 percent) waffles, sweet bread and toast, eggs and sausage, corn dogs, cant forget coffee, juice (apple and orange), teas. Food is always fresh and you find the meals to be at the temperature they are meant to be.

My family and I always stay here because of location, you can walk to the mall, HEB and Kmart.
With in driving range no more than five minutes away, you can find other important retailers like Walmart, Academy sports and goods, Home Depot, Toys or us, just to mention some. Heck krispy kreme doughnuts is less than a ten minute drive.

Room Tip: Do not ask for rooms in the second floor in the middle of the building, just above front desk, the h...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jerry P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Laredo, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We appreciate your kind words! We hope to continue seeing you in the future! Thank you!
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I am originally from NLaredo, so I understand Laredo culture quite well. I also have travelled quite a bit in the US and around the world and I know that customer service means different things depending on where you are.

I must say that Fairfield Inn were very accommodating to me and my elderly mother during a recent visit to my hometown and that meant a lot. Sure, they are a typical Marriott hotel, but I had a much better experience and level of response from them, than say, a fancy downtown Boston hotel.

At the end of the day, most 2-3 star hotels are the same but the experience that is provided by the staff makes all the difference. So kudos to Fairfield Inn & Suites.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico
Reviewed November 20, 2013

After staying at the disgusting La Quinta on I 35 for one night, we checked into the Fairfield Inn. With tax it was only $18 more and worth at least $100 more. This hotel is next to the mall, clean and inviting. The staff could not have been nicer and accommodating, hot breakfast, nice lobby, our room was actually a small mini suite with 2 flat screen TVs, fridge and microwave. This is a great, safe place to stay in Laredo away from the noise of the highway.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are larger. We were in 103 which was larger. Look at their hotel map when you chec...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed with my stay at this hotel. First I was given a room right next to the ice maker. Went back to the desk and asked for another room to be able to get rest. In the newly assigned room I noticed little bugs all over the bathroom and the coffee maker reservoir was filled with brown stuff. Had to call the front desk for someone to unplug the toilet. Then there was no hot water for my shower in the morning. When I was waiting in the lobby I heard other guests tell the front desk they had no hot water for showering.

Asked for the shuttle to take me someplace close for a pack of cigarettes and was told they only go to the airport and downtown. I said then I will take the shuttle downtown. Once I got to the front desk I was asked to go back to my room and wait for the shuttle.
I stay at hotels 20 nights a month. Very disappointed with this one.

• Stayed July 2013
Farmington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Pluses
Airport shuttle free
Shuttle will take you to various locations near hotel free
Breakfast included [nothing special]
Price
Staff friendly , helpfull. Several carts available for luggage
Mutiple places to eat in walking distance .
Price

Minus
Rooms small , fine for a single or young couple
Bathroom small
Very basic room
Hot tub by pool not very hot this may bother you or you may like it on cooler side
Loud air conditioner
TV difficult to turn on have to unplug plug back in several times

Not much to say just your usual Fairfield Inn the location worked for me although other choices abound .Call it adequate nothing special. Shop Spring Hill suites , Embassy Suites compare price and decide.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LouisGreen
Saltillo, Mexico
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great location, in front of Mall del Norte, very practical for walking to do some shopping part of family can go back to hotel if tired. Hotel has a typical Marriott amenities in general good and competitive, positive experience overall, beds maybe time to review firmness.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family