“A Must Try ~Delicioso!”

El Meson De San Augustine
Ranked #9 of 351 Restaurants in Laredo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 15, 2014

OMG! People kept telling me 'there is this place you should try their chicken cordon bleu" This is probably one of Laredo's best hidden Jewels! I went in and wanted to place a to go order...They do not sell alcohol ,however I saw a bottle of Tequila and inquired.I was given a shot while waIting for my food.The staff was friendly and the food? The best chicken cordon bleu ever! It's fresh not frozen it seems to be pan fried or deep fried..whatever it's DELICIOUS NOT FROZEN! It'sthe best and served with a tiny portion of mash potatoes and kernel corn. The staff is amazing! and it is a special served everyday.They close at 4:30pm. You can thank me later:) Bon apetit!

2  Thank Winedoll

Reviewed August 9, 2014

On a scorcher of an afternoon, I finally found the place after calling for additional directions (no major signage.) Only one table available and I was so happy to get out of the heat. Refreshing hibiscus tea hit the spot. Flautas de pollo were meaty and perfectly prepared. Great salsa.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This cozy and sweet restaurant serves hearty meals. We had five adults in our party and every dish was yummy. Ask for extra ice on a hot Laredo day. Otherwise, your drink won't be cold enough. Relax, cool off and enjoy the decor, colors and food.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a small and hard to find restaurant in Laredo's downtown. It is about as close to a hole-in-the-wall restaurant as you can imagine - three doors in the middle of a featureless burnt orange colored wall with a badly faded sign that is almost impossible to see.

Inside are only about fourteen tables or so. The menu is fairly simple Texas-Mexican style home cooking, but cooked with great tender loving care and pride, and the taste is fresh and simply outstanding!

So why do I rate this restaurant so highly?

Because I like value, I mainly look at how restaurants select their ingredients and cook their food, not how they present them. If it's a fancy and very expensive restaurant that I have to get dressed up to go to, the restaurant had better have one of the top ten or twenty eating experiences that I have ever had in my life to get a five star rating from me.

The restaurant is only open for lunch, which is the only downside. But, it is close to the county courthouse, so if you have business there, it is just a short hop to get here.

I am posting some photos of this place. This restaurant definitely does NOT look like the San Augustin Cathedral, which is nearby.

3  Thank GGreyhame
Reviewed October 9, 2013

OK - be prepared. The restaurant doesn't have a sign out front, in fact, they don't even have street numbers for their address. You just have to figure out where their spot is based on neighbor's addresses. But it's worth it. Very low key and casual. No more than 15 tables inside. It's a family run restaurant (mom, dad, 5 daughters, cousins, in-laws, etc). The food is basic Mexican, but oh, so tasty! Our table of 4 ordered 2 of the chicken cordon bleu (2 different sauces, both good), one crispy tacos, and one beef stew. All of the entrees were terrific, and the servers are honest about the level of spice before you order! We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch - it was definitely the only highlight of our day trip to Laredo!

2  Thank africanaddict