“Extended Smell America”

Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
Stuttgart, Germany
“Extended Smell America”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

The "old" mattress was so extremely soft that my back was aching for days. The fridge was constantly noisy. Light bulbs were missing in the nightside table lamp. When the bathroom light was on, the fan came on and was extremely noisy.

Although it was deemed a "smoke-free" room, it stunk from old cigarette smoke and uncleanliness. The smell stuck to my clothes. The blanket smelled and had a couple of repaired holes.

The kitchenette/fridge were clean.

I asked to use a hair dryer for two days...and the staff couldn't be bothered to track one down except on the morning I left.

On check-in though, I was first given a room on the 3rd floor because I wanted to be able to open a window in my room: the carpets in the hall stunk from old filthiness, so did the room and the chair was dirty and stained. Of course, the windows didn't open, so I moved to the 1st floor for the three days I was there...I have described that roo from the beginning of the paragraph.

Room Tip: Only saw two.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Sue B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Laredo - Del Mar, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure the issues you described are properly addressed. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as they will only help us to improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at ldm@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We needed than my home,It's best for me in Laredo, I feel very comfortable and the price quality relation is excellent.I highly recommend it.the proximity to all the shopping malls and restaurants, it is helpful entrances to the hotel are very helpful, because parking is ample and can go smoothly.

Room Tip: rooms in the 2nd floor are best, but also the south side on the first floor are great...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have traveled between Mexico and Texas for years. I have found a way to get a good price with a room including fridgerator, microwave, toaster. I am sure I have stayed here at least 12 times on my travels. Sometimes 3 nights if I just come here to shop, Other times just a layover. This is my place Jessica and her staff are awesome. It is amazing how some people are when you ask for help, awesome!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My bedside lamp switch was broken off, so it was useless. But the worst thing was that my bed sheet had an old blood stain....on the fitted sheet. Very gross! I could also hear very loud music from a bar outside. I have no problems sleeping, but it was very annoying.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank TravelingChicagoan
Taylor, Michigan
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have never been to an extended stay before. From start to finish this place was the best choice I could've made. The staff was top notch. All around 5 stars for the dollar. Clean, friendly, professional. I'll be back again soon!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Marty0714
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was staying with my family for a couple of days. The room was clean and the AC working ok. However their plumbing was horrible and making terrible noises, you can hear the people on their other room flushing the toilet. Also there is a bar behind the hotel that will not let you sleep.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Luisin7

Travelers are raving about these Laredo hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Was given a smoking room even though I asked for one that wasn't. Called several times to fix the issue and nothing happened, that floor smelled nasty and it often smelled like someone was smoking pot. Called the front desk, nothing was done. Sink was flooding as water wouldn't flow out properly, wasn't fixed. Bathtub drain was disgusting, probably hadn't been cleaned in over a year. Shower wouldn't close properly and it would drip all day. The "Breakfast" consists of a lack of food they barely had muffins and a couple oranges, plus cheap coffee.

Room Tip: If you get a room that starts with a 3 and you're not a smoker, ask for a non-smoking room immed...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hugo J
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Laredo - Del Mar, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you had issues of cleanliness during your stay. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are taking action by ensuring we are not issuing guests smoking rooms if we have nonsmoking available. Also we are currently working on issues you had with the sink, and the shower not working properly.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at LDM@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.