“Stopover in Laredo” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Laredo
A TripAdvisor Member
“Stopover in Laredo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hotel provides good value for money. We stop there twice a year, driving from Canada to Mexico's Yucatan peninsula and return, with our large Great Pyr dog. The staff is friendly, the rooms clean and the breakfast ok. There is also a nice outdoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We have alwsays found LaQuinta Hotels to be goof value for the price, but this one is the exception. The first room were given had a bathroom light that was not working, Then we were given a key to another room that had not been activated. When we finally got into that room, the AC was not working. A change to another room which we decided to keep in spite of the playing card floating in the toilet bowl as the trips back and forth to reception were getting out of hand and we were getting tired. The room was not clean. Carpets and walls were so stained that even though the bedding appeared to be clean, it was a restless sleep as I couldn't imagine why they would be clean!. The hotel has outdoor corridors to the rooms and a pigeon roosts right at the corner - and entrance- to the second floor corridor leading to our room. I like birds, but found the walk through all the pigeon droppings that are obviously not regularly cleaned up somewhat disconcerting. The breakfast room(s) was also very shabby and dirty. Window moldings, floor boards etc. were made to look old, but the scriffiness just added to the general disrepair of the whole place. The young people at reception when we checked in kept changing our room without any objection and were polite, but that is about the only good thing I have to say about the whole experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Laredo hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel was good for the price. It is an older hotel, but it was clean. They accomodated me and my dog and for this I will give them a great review. The only tiny bit I can say about this hotel is that the beds are small. They must be full size, not queen, but were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again. Hope this helps.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Dallas, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The installations are terribly old, with floor stains of unknown origin in every hallway. The paint on the building looks like its been there for 30 years. The tub in the bathroom was stained. I have been in 30-something dollar rooms that were way better and cleaner than this 90 dollar fiasco.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My brother-in-law and I stayed here 9/12/2012 due to the proximity to Mexico we had business in Mexico and we opted to stay here.The rooms are dirty, the carpet has nasty stains the bathroom door had a broken lock with a sharp metal tab sticking out where the lock knob should be.The attendent Mr Ortiz on the front desk was rude and very condescending when asked about the time stamp on the check in and check out receipt it was an hour ahead of actual time.The floor was dirty in the lobby and in the breakfast area.The wall paper was peeling in the main lobby and there were water stains on the ceiling.All in all it was a bad experience and would not recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay in any of the rooms!!!