“Excellent hotel and excellent service”

Amerik Suites Laredo Behind Mall Del Norte
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Laredo
Houston, Texas
“Excellent hotel and excellent service”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

To start off the location was ideal. It's centrally located and not very difficult to find. It is a bit hidden but easily visible from the street. There was everything I needed at my fingertips. The front desk was very professional and very helpful. The room was a bit chilly when we first got there but that was easily fixed. The room was very clean and the sofa turned into an extra bed which was pretty convenient. We had brought along our ipad to watch Netflix and surf the web so the wifi was also a pretty cool plus. I also really liked the fact that we got a warm breakfast and coffee at no additional cost. The kids also really enjoyed the swimming pool and it was also so much easier that this place had its own private laundromat. There were also some pretty good choices in restaurants around the area, I'd recommend taco tote or cosmos bar and grill. And it was also very reasonably priced for the area. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank lconns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed October 12, 2013

First of all on the way to this hotel I was hoping that they had iron and board...they had iron but had to ask for one upon request. Went to my room to find no board, called front desk and they did bring me one. Then I saw there were no towels at all. I called the front desk again and they brought me one large towel and a lot of small hand towels. Me, my husband, and daughter had to share the towels. The tub was weird like sinked in or concaved. It was not a flat surface. I kept having to wake up in the middle of the night to adjust the air. It kept getting hot. I went down to 60 degrees. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013

Travelers are raving about these Laredo hotels

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My family and I stayed there for just one night, but we were pleasantly surprised. The location was phenomenal, walking distance from mall. They offered a full breakfast in the morning. The staff was friendly and helpful. All in all its a great hotel for the price.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ren8585
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Arrived exhausted and hot, attendant was able to get us in our room early. Great start! The beds, VERY COMFY, wanted to move in. My children 11y/o and 15y/o had a great time in pool, me too and nice tv for boys to play PS. Also considering how HOT it was they did a great job shading the pool area. Breakfast was good also. Only downfall, they didn't tell me they wer making air popped popcorn that night! I had some leftover for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Unzuet
AmeriKSUITESLaredo, Director of Sales at Amerik Suites Laredo Behind Mall Del Norte, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
We have the competitive price flexibility of a non-brand hotel property, which enable us to transfer our otherwise huge franchise fee savings to our guests' wallets!

Thank you for choosing Amerik Suites Hotel Behind Mall Del Norte as your preferred hospitality server and thank you for your feedback!
San Jose, California, Usa
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I had the experience to stay here a couple of times and wanted to write a review only after the most recent stay. I must admit, the first stay... I was a little disappointed with the room ammenities (i.e. towels / lotions / soaps & shampoos), but I opted to stay a second time simply because the staff at the Hotel was Friendly & more than carrying about the Guests. They were more than willing to accomodate the guest, and great to chat to. Arturo (Front Desk): Funny & Nice to chat with. Ana (Front Desk): Full of knowledge, Sweet & obviously cares alot about the Hotel & Guests, even staying after her shift to drive the shuttle to pick up guests at the airport. My coworker and I actually bellieved she was in fact the Manager, but were surprised to learn otherwise.. I will be back there again...

Room Tip: Book Your room on Booking.com to get a better rate...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff went to all ends to satisfy my family & comfort was the feeling my family received at this hotel the beds were comfortable, clean. Great Location, I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Laredo,Texas

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AmeriKSUITESLaredo, Director of Sales at Amerik Suites Laredo Behind Mall Del Norte, responded to this review, July 23, 2013

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good: Location. The hotel is near a nice mall, shopping centers, and restaurants and is in a decent area of town. The beds were comfortable and seemed clean. The front desk staff and maintenance man we dealt with were polite and helpful for the most part. We liked the cover over the pool area.

Fair: The room. The refridgerator did not work. The front desk clerk wasn't sure what to do since the hotel had no other rooms. I suggested they fix it or send a replacement. The replacement was made within a reasonable amount of time. There was a light out in the bathroom. The front desk clerk (manager?) was shocked. The bulb was replaced within a reasonable amount of time. Housekeeping left wet and dirty towels on the floor and we had to exchange for clean towels ourselves the first day. On the second day housekeeping did take the dirty towels and replaced with clean towels within a couple of hours. The drawers were dirty and the room had a strange odor that improved when we cranked up the air conditioner.

Fair: The property itself. True, there are ice machines on each floor, but only a couple of them actually worked. The stairwells were dirty like they hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The automatic handicap front entry door did not work. The side "security doors" that were appear to require a room key actually don't. They open without one. The single elevator is quite slow. The lobby and elevator floors were wet and very slippery from pool traffic. The man at the front desk had no solution to offer (other than maybe being willing to call 911 if someone fell and cracked his or her head open). Some rubber mats would solve that problem and are cheaper than a lawsuit. The BBQ grills for rent were in such bad shape that we changed our plans and chose not to use them. The housekeeper we came in contact with spoke no English and we couldn't communicate with her.

Fair to Poor: The breakfast. The first day there was only cereal, cheap muffins, toast, and waffles. The only fresh fruit was tiny apples. When asked about the "hot entree" advertised, the lady in the kitchen told one of the Spanish-speaking guests that she was told to only put out continental breakfast that day. Perhaps this was because the hotel was at capacity and management was trying to save money? The second day there were scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy offered, but only to those who were fortunate to get there at the crack of dawn. The food was not replenished even though there were lines of people waiting and it was within the breakfast hours. There were never bagels or danishes as advertised. The juice machine did not work. The coffee was so weak that we ended up going to the nearby gas station to get a decent cup. The lone garbage can in the breakfast area was always overflowing. They need to either only advertise what they are willing to offer or live up to what they promise.

Bottom line: If the hotel chooses to run its property this way, then it should lower its rates so guests will truly feel like they get what they pay for. We did not and would only stay there again if there were no other options in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank BreeziB
We thank you very much for your comments and compliments as it helps us to better our services.

Summer vacation dates for June, July, & August in both Mexico and America are in full blast and we have employees and management crew working overtime and around the clock. We are a border-city based hotel and get high demands from both countries.

We apologize if we are not meeting your expectations as we should, and believe me we are working hard on keeping up with such high demand.

Being a non-franchise hotel, it gives us the ability to be more flexible on our services like early bird check-in and summer prices as well.

We thank you once again for your constant and continued support in helping to enhance our guest satisfaction for your future stay.