The Resurgence luxury eco lodge
Equestrian Lodge Motel(Motueka)(Great Value!)
$83
Orbitz.com
Avalon Manor Motel(Motueka)(Great Value!)
$90
$79
Priceline
Motueka Garden Motel(Motueka)(Great Value!)
$67
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Split Apple Retreat(Abel Tasman National Park)
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
Awaroa Lodge(Abel Tasman National Park)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
All reviewsother gueststhe main houseabel tasmaninteresting peoplenew zealandbeautiful valleyextended holidaywine and appetizersself cateringpool and hot tubdawn choruspeaceful locationbreakfast provisionseach eveningour honeymoonpre dinnergreat hosts
Reviewed November 12, 2008

The Resurgence is a wonderful retreat! I have never been to such a luxurious cabin in the woods. I am a frequent traveler to 5-star hotels throughout Asia and this was truly service beyond any I have received anywhere.

My husband and I stayed at the one of the Bush Chalets (Kakapo) for two nights.

Clare and Peter were the most wonderful hosts. Not only are they lovely to chat with, but they went above and beyond for us every step of the way. We wrote to inquire about kayak and hiking tours in Abel Tasman. Not only did they have a recommendation, they made the booking for us and paid the tour company so the charge went onto our bill there, making one less step for us to have to worry about. And when my sunglasses (which were left in a broken down rental car and being mailed by the rental car company) didn’t arrive before we left, Clare and Peter ensured that they were overnighted to our next destination.

The Chalet itself was wonderful… clean and cozy, with heated floors and towel racks (in early October it still gets pretty chilly at night!). The food was delicious and the breakfast provisions that were in our cabin really hit the spot. And after a long day of kayaking and hiking in Abel Tasman, the hottub near the pool was the perfect treat. On our way back to the chalet, we perused the extensive library of local books and videos, plucked a couple delicious fresh oranges right from the tree outside the library, and settled in for a private cozy night.

I would recommend the Resurgence to my closest friends and family (and have!) and am hoping we will have the chance to return one day soon.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2008

We stayed at the resurgence lodge for a couple of days over new year and have to say it was thoroughly enjoyable. Clare and Peter coulod not do enough for us and were very accomodating even though we arrived pretty late for dinner on the first night due to an overambitious drive from franz josef.

Stayed in the main lodge which was well maintained and very peaceful. We ate in both nights and I don't know what one of the reviewers was talking about as the food was gorgeous.

They were very helpful with hints and tips of things to do and were attentive at all times.

In fact they were such good listeners that they even went to the effort of tracking us down at our next lodge which they remembered me talking about to let me know I had left my credit card behind by accident !

Am glad my wife spotted this on the internet as it was far more peaceful and relaxing than the hotel the travel agent recommended in town.

Vince & Carolyn

PS - sorry for taking so long to post this!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We stayed at the Resurgence for 2 nights in Mar 2008. The setting is absolutely beautiful. There are trails to walk on or you can just sit outside and enjoy the scenery. We stayed in a Bush Chalet. The Chalet was really nice and I loved it that we had extra privacy with our own chalet. Claire keeps the kitchen stocked with spices, olive oil, etc so you have everything you need to cook. Each chalet also has its own BBQ grill. We had dinner at the lodge both nights (we had arranged this in advance). I was somewhat disappointed with the dinner. It was advertised as cocktails and dinner but we didn't actually have cocktails (only a glass of wine) and I didn't think the food was amazing. In my opinion, it was overpriced at $75 pp. In retrospect I would have gone out to dinner in Motueka (nearby town) or cooked in the chalet kitchen or used the BBQ grill.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed February 4, 2008

This is the real deal in relaxation with style. We stayed in a bush chalet which was beautiful and spacious with everything we needed. It hasn't been done on the cheap but neither is it ostentatious, its just great!!
We dined at the main house with other guests- incredible food, great service - all very civilised but not at all stuffy. Just great kiwi hospitality. You can be as secluded or as included as you like, Clare and Peter are fantastic hosts and you will come away from this place feeling great.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Clare and Peter have perfected hospitality, and have thought of every detail. We stayed in the Lonely Lake bush lodge (the bush lodges are standalone cabins that are very private) and totally loved it. The décor was gorgeous—lots of natural wood, earthy colors, fantastic light, and high-quality linens. Our bathroom had a huge footed tub and a large, open shower. It was so thoughtfully appointed that it made me want to go home and redecorate! We also had a spacious deck with a full-size grill.

Clare and Peter love to cook, and have outfitted the kitchen with all the gear you’d need to prepare fabulous meals as well as plenty of extras like spices, olive oil and vinegar, a mortar and pestle, and all sorts of tools. They bring home-baked breads and restock breakfast items like milk, yogurt, fruit, and coffee/tea daily.

When we were there, they were staying in their most newly-built lodge because they wanted to experience it as a guest would, and to make sure they hadn’t forgotten anything. They’ve said that they wanted to create the kind of place at which they’d like to stay, and we really felt that. Their attention to detail is evident throughout the property. Among other things, they hang umbrellas outside your door in case it rains (which it did while we were there); provide beach towels; have a great selection of CDs, DVDs, and books; offer complimentary laundry service; and have a phone card for guests to use if needed. The location feels blissfully remote but is just a 15 minute drive from town/services. It’s the kind of place that makes you want to stay in your room, or at least close to the property, the whole time because it’s that spectacular.

We also loved the fact that they’re environmentally conscious and provide bins for recycling and composting. And one of our favorite things about the whole experience is that, while the accommodations definitely fall into the luxury category, the whole place has a very casual, comfortable vibe. (Their guest book explains the history and philosophy of the property, and is worth reading.)

We can’t recommend the Resurgence highly enough. Clare and Peter are fabulous hosts—very warm, friendly, and welcoming—and we wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple