“Great baked goods, breakfast and Friday catfish.”

Country Kitchen and Bakery
Ranked #17 of 35 Restaurants in Lampasas
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Their turnovers are wonderful. They have fresh baked bread at the counter as well. The Friday catfish special is the best in the area. Try cafeteria style lunch or order a homestyle burger from the menu. A good country style breakfast is served pretty much anytime.

2  Thank dadsprad

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Good, as long as you know what to order. The buffet is not the same food as the menu. Go for the menu at breakfast time. I recommend the traditional breakfast. They will be happy to customize your order and the wait staff is friendly and helpful.

1  Thank JCntex
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I travel down U.S. 281 several times a year and it is our usual custom to eat breakfast at a certain popular place. On this trip during the holidays our favorite restaurant was closed so we happened upon The Country Kitchen and Bakery. We chose this restaurant because of its interesting exterior decor. When we went inside, the decor (and the clientele) were even more interesting, right down to the ol' timer, sitting alone at a table by the men's room (he wasn't real.) The food was, in my opinion, as good as it is in our other restaurant. I suggest that if mealtime brings you close to Lampasas, Texas, you should try this restaurant - especially for breakfast with the biscuits and gravy, and the grits.

1  Thank lawprof3