“Good food, comfortable and reasonable prices.”
Review of County Seat Cafe - CLOSED

County Seat Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Upon entering this restaurant, my first impression is how good the aroma of food is! 2nd was how clean the place was. It is very casual and being from the east coast, I could not believe the low prices! Food across the board was good, although my french fries could have been cooked a bit longer. I don't like the law in Texas that all beef has to be cooked well done, but that is not the restaurant's fault!
I would definitely go back again if visiting again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very pretty place, very friendly young lady served us. However, none of our four was pleased. I had liver and onions. Meat was not seasoned and onions were pretty raw.

Burgers were not great. My onion rings said hand battered, and I mistakenly thought that meant homemade so that one was really my fault. My husband ate them, saying they were better than his fries.

Prices are not horrible at all if goof was good. Buffet is $12.00. Salad bar a little slim.

4  Thank Dajo43
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I don't typically eat buffets but I chose to eat the buffet rather than order from the menu. I had chicken fried steak, red potatoes, green beans and the salad bar. My meal was very good. There were a couple of fellows there doing a radio show. One of them was Dave Thomas. He provided excellent music. I would eat there again while in Lampasas.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is probably, in my opinion, the closest to the home cooking/all American type buffet for this town. There are daily specials and a buffet for breakfast, lunch and supper. The food is good, the service is good and the key is to get to the buffet before it is all gone, otherwise there is a wait til the food comes out again. You get your money's worth here and you are in and out within the hour.

Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Excellent value for your money...and the food tastes great too! This trip had the liver and onions. It was grilled and prepared perfectly. You could tell it was "home-cooked". Had a very attentive and bubbly waitress and when an elderly couple said it was a little dark in the restaurant, the owner went out to buy brighter light bulbs for them. Now that is customer service.