Holiday Inn Express Lakeway(Lakeway)(Great Value!)
$129
HIExpress.com
$129
$175
Priceline
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin(Bee Cave)(Great Value!)
$153
$125
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $181/night.

$119
$114
HIExpress.com
$179
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Austin/Oak Hill(Austin)(Great Value!)
$139
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

$95
$85
1,165 results
All reviewslake travisswim up barlake viewkids zonekids poolback porchwe ordered room servicepool area isrelaxing weekendbreakfast buffetfire pithill countryfitness centerpoolsbalconyaustinlakeview
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I booked this hotel as a getaway for the family as our pool in the Houston area was flooded out during the hurricane. My goal was fun for the kids at a pool, and great views of the lake for me. I had read some reviews of the food, and didn't expect much. In fact, I had planned to go somewhere off property for dinner, but once we arrived we loved the setting so much that we thought we would chance it.

The restaurant was excellent with attentive service by an international staff. We happened to be there on Sunday night, when they had happy hour with starters, and our table ordered tuna tartare tacos, roasted artichoke, charcuterie platter, and calamari. All was lovely (though the calamari was my least favorite because the other options were much more interesting). We sat outside on the balcony deck and loved our evening with friends who met us there. The check took a while, but otherwise we were happy.

The room was lovely and updated. We had a two queen bed room with balcony overlooking the lake. Molton Brown toiletries, lovely decor. No complaints, but if I could offer a suggestion for an upgrade on the shower, I would add a handheld shower head that sits on an adjustable pole in addition to the Speakman shower head that sits up top (which had awesome water pressure, by the way). We spent the night before at the Westin Domain North Austin, and they had the best shower set-up ever. Our kids stood in the rain shower, but used the handheld on the wall, especially adjusted for them, and could rinse themselves off without assistance.

The property had a spotless and beautiful fitness center, and adjacent spa that I didn't use but I would have if I had time to myself (the person at the entrance was helpful and I had a sense of the environment through the aromatherapy that wafted into the entrance).

One thing I would complain about was the choice of heating the adults-only pools and not the pool that a child could have access to. Our young children, ages 4 and 7, spent hours in the kids pool, but at 5:30pm they started to get chilly. We dipped into the empty lower adults-only pool for a family photo (with infinity edge and view of the lake), and the kids felt more comfortable as they quickly warmed up. I understand having a space for adults with no kids splashing around, but it would be nice to allow children in the lower adults pool as long as they are quiet and well behaved. They could also require that all children under a certain age must enter this quiet pool with a parent or guardian (as I think they don't have a lifeguard at that pool). It could be named the "quiet pool" for those who need a hint. Our kids have been to resorts around the world, including Parrot Cay, where they have one peaceful pool for all to share. It would be great to offer all guests the option to dip into one of the warm pools at Lakeway, as long as they are well-behaved and don't wreck the ambience.

When booking, I recommend confirming that you have booked with breakfast included. We thought we had done so over the phone, but upon checkout learned that we hadn't. It cost us more to pay for breakfast buffet without the package. My husband was in a hurry to check out to get to a meeting, so he didn't take this up with the front desk.

We enjoyed the view, decor, ambience and the food at Lakeway and will be back.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank karimia
Remington_Management, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

Thank you for the five-star review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to offer refuge during the storm and that we exceeded your expectations with our accommodations, lakefront location, Travis restaurant and luxurious amenities. It is also so great to hear that you took advantage of our onsite facilities including the fitness center, pool areas and dining areas. We appreciate your kind feedback and look forward to welcoming you all back again soon!

Reviewed October 8, 2017

We found this resort and were pretty excited about it. It was a bit of a letdown as the weather wasn't good for us to enjoy the area for the few days we were there. Checkin was efficient and the staff was helpful throughout. The hotel did not seem busy at all so was disappointing that our room overlooked the parking lot. The rooms were very large with a balcony and although maybe a little older still in good shape, clean and well appointed.
The coffee in the lobby was great and it was nice to be able to it on the deck and look out at the lake. Very nice pool area, looks like it would be great with nice weather. The gym was also large with lots of equipment. Spa looked ok, but very expensive as per your typical "resort".
This hotel isn't close to much so a fair drive to get to anything else. This hotel has so much potential, would be nice to see what it is like when busier. We had a great rate, so made it worthwhile to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Remington_Management, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Thank you for kindly reviewing Lakeway Resort and Spa I am happy to hear that you had a seamless experience from check-in to check-out and also enjoyed our spacious accommodations complete with a balcony. We too love our inspiring lakefront views and well-appointed onsite facilities. We hope that you will decide to join us again in the near future and we appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

First off check in very slow and they were confused ,outdated for the money the room could have been cleaner . Take out a loan if your going to eat there then there was a $28 resort fee when checked out ??.luke warm water in the shower ,few tv channels very over priced for what you get

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business

Robert, thank you for reviewing Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am very sorry and surprised to hear about your experience from check-in to check-out as we typically are known for our seamless check-in and check-out. Our associates are always happy to help guests take advantage of all the resort fee includes and I am sorry this was not done for your visit. We would love for you to give us another chance to impress you the next time your visit the Austin area.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Stay in resort from 9/24 till 9/28.
Very big and clean room . Outstanding service.
View from 6 floor on lake will take your breath away. Pool and kids area secured and well organized. Will recommend for family . High level hospitality.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Remington_Management, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Petro, thank you for taking the time to review Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our spacious accommodations, pool area and inspiring lakefront views. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

Our hotel was full and we had an extra day in Austin, we picked this hotel and boy are we glad we did

The place itself is sensational, terrific facilities for kids and adults alike and the resort fee is very recoverable although it might appear steep. Separate pool and water slides for kids and the gym is equipped for pros

The views are relaxing and the customer service is top class, highly recommend it

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Punit M
Remington_Management, General Manager at Lakeway Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Punit, thank you for the five-star review of Lakeway Resort and Spa. I am thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed our fun pool are, complimentary onsite facilities and stunning views of Lake Travis. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit.