“Chopped Briscit Sandwich WONDEFUL, sides NOT so GOOD”
Review of Chew Chew BBQ

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Lakeway, Texas, United States
“Chopped Briscit Sandwich WONDEFUL, sides NOT so GOOD”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I have been there 3 times due to the great chopped brisket sandwiches, HOWEVER I have had 2 sides I didn't care for AT ALL:

POTATO SALAD=stiff and bland, with no particular recognizable flavor, couldn't gag it down

BEANS=terrible flavor, these were very strange, I think they were pinto, the flavor was again not edible and had to toss them.

• Visited July 2014

Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Brisket & Ribs”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Finally, there’s a new BBQ option in town. Stopped by the other day and got a some brisket, ribs & sausage and one of each side.

The brisket was melt-in-your-mouth good. It had the perfect amount of pink under the sear & was nicely seasoned. The rib meat was just falling off the bone. I did get one that was a little bit dry but the rest were done just right. The sausage had a more course texture than other places I’ve been and I thought it was a welcome change.

The sides were what surprised me, though. Usually BBQ sides are pretty unremarkable... but not here. I’d say the slaw was my favorite, but the potato salad & beans were a close second.

The food is reasonably priced, and the chef seems to really know his BBQ. Glad to see them there and I hope they’ll stick around!

• Visited July 2014