“Great food and service”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The service was very good, and the food was good. Although I ordered a level 5 heat level, the meal was not very spicy.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Since moving to the newer location off Lohman's Crossing, they seem to have suffered both in service and quality. We gave it 3 chances but each time, it just wasn't as good as before their move...perhaps they have a new chef in tow?

We've had real Thai while living overseas but their menu seems to leaning more towards Chinese type food.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Thai is always a favorite for me, I will try it anywhere, anytime. I have had my share of bad thai so I can give an honest critique of good thai food. This place is very good. My favorite dish is always Pad Kee mao (a spicy drunken noodle dish) here it's amazing. Will not dissappoint.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I love Thai food. I support local restaurants. I work in Thailand.

That said, how do you screw up Pad Thai and Chicken Satay at a Thai restaurant?? It's as if the chef has never eaten Thai food or even seen it before, and that the owner/manager doesn't care at all figuring he is the only game in town.

The Chicken looked blanched, not grilled or marinated or coated (or anything), the peanut sauce was so sweet it seemed like it came from a jar.
The Pad Thai was a bland brown mush, the noodles weren't even recognizable, so could have been mushed up rice for all I knew.
Can you imagine, bland Thai Food???

The owner/manager gentleman walking around with his shirt out of his pants I also thought was disrespectful to a restaurant full of patrons. Very un-thai like.

The new place is quite nice to look at, and the server was also pretty good, but I neither had the time or the patience to send my meal back. It just wasn't worth the effort.

Was there for lunch a few weeks back, and it wasn't terrible (albeit the Green Curry Chicken was crazy spicy, more so than in Thailand), so I guess I'll stick to their lunch specials and leave dinner to other places.

The best way to fix the food at this restaurant is for another Thai specialty restaurant with decent food to open nearby. This stuff wouldn't last a week.

1  Thank Ray2k
Reviewed November 10, 2012

During our overnight stay in Lakeway, near Austin, we had lunch at this contemporary-furnished, airy Thai/Sushi restaurant - which apparently had just moved to this new location in a small shopping center in town. Friends had recommended it and we are recommending it to the rest of the world.
The best part of our meal was the splendid salad/sushi bar which is complimentary when ordering any entree. Don't ask how many times I filled up my plate!

Been to Thai Spice Cafe? Share your experiences!