“Restricted Internet Access”

Holiday Inn Express Lakeway
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lakeway
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Overall the hotel is clean and comfortable. The shower design is horrible and when you take a shower the water goes right out and you need to use 3 towels to mop it up. This hotel also restricts your internet access if you try to view any websites it deems has adult content. I have stayed in countless hotels, all over the country since I travel for work and this is the first hotel I have ever in my lifetime, that does this. I am blown away. This will definitely be the last time I stay at a holiday inn. Good job.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HIELakeway_Mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I would first like to address the "restricted internet access." We take pride in being a family oriented hotel and have taken the steps to prevent any children from accessing any adult material on the internet. We also have no plans in the future for opening up that kind of access. As far as the shower design goes, we have definitely used your feedback and are currently making some changes to the function of the shower door to prevent the water from the showers from leaking on the floor. Again, I truly appreciate your feedback and will continue to use is as a tool to better fine tune our operations in the future. We truly hope to see you again in your travels.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel is new, clean, pleasant. Not memorable but certainly satisfactory. About the only constructive criticism I can offer is that the landscaping is somewhat of a barrier from the parking lot to the front door, depending on where you park. The stepping stone solution does not work well if you are wearing high heels, plus parked cars block the path. One can walk a longer distance around the driveway and parking lot, though. We had some difficulty checking in, but the staff resolved our issues promptly. Shower instead of tub, which I liked. Room larger than average. No vending machines on floors yet, but there is one in the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank victoria_herrin
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

How you can go wrong with a brand new hotel? Very nice, modern, clean, friendly, good breakfast, comfortable bed. The only thing I can not understand is carpet in an elevator, hotel is Two months old and carpet in elevator looks like it is five years old.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've stayed at several Holiday Inns as well as other hotels before and this is by far the best experience for me. The staff is great! Very helpful and knowledgable. I had a chance to meet the General Manager Cory (which in my travels doesn't happen at other hotels). Cory was very professional and knew the area well as he recommended several places to dine at. I did try a couple of the places he spoke about and have nothing but good things to say about them. The hotel itself is amazing from the waterfall on the wall when you walk in and opens up to the lobby/breakfast area to the up to date rooms. I travel to this area quite a bit and will continue staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Lakeway! Thanks to the staff and GM for a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Upon going to my room, the lock did not open and my room was right next to the elevator. I went to the front desk and reported the lock issue and mentioned that my preferences clearly request to not be near an elevator. They had never looked or were taught to look at preferences when greeting or assigning rooms. Once I checked in to the reassigned room, I noticed long lack hair on the floor and shower. The beds were firm and the pillows very comfortable. The I. Room coffeemaker had the wrong filters and the hot water spewed all over the countertop. The breakfast was ok, but there were no forks. Growing pain for sure. I'm sure next time I stay there they will have all the kinks worked out. The location is very nice and the decor was beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Lou Ann D
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in Lakeway is beautiful! According to the staff, the hotel has been open about 2 months. The decor is fresh and modern, and has a very luxurious feel. The outdoor area has a pool and hot tub that give the hotel a resort feel, complete with palm trees!
Every staff member we encountered was friendly and eager to help. I will say, since they are so new, they are still trying to find their "operational groove". Give these guys some time. They will do just fine. The only negative I would say is the beds are really hard. Is it because they are new? Maybe I'm just a wimp. Either way, if you prefer a really soft mattress, you might inquire at the desk about how they can help, or bring a topper of some sort.
The hotel is so convenient to the Lake Travis area, it gives guests the potential to get out and explore the area without having to contend with Austin proper. There are a number of unique restaurants and shops right around the hotel. We never even went to downtown, and don't regret it a bit! We cannot wait to get back to this hotel and relax. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall, on a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JENoble
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I booked a room for two nights at this hotel through priceline.com. I was charged by priceline the day I booked. Upon checking in, the hotel requested a credit card for incidentals. The morning that I was checking out I noticed a receipt had been slid under the door showing that my credit card had been charged for my entire stay. I went to the front desk and asked about it, and they assured me that it was a mistake and I had not been charged anything. Several days later, the charges posted to my bank account. I called the hotel and they said they would refund the money and it would take 7 to 10 days. They would not let me speak to a manager, only told me he would call me back. I waited all day and never heard from him. I called back and was told that he was there but was busy. They refused to give me the name and contact info of anyone above the manager too. Very shady business practices if you ask me. Aside from that it was a very nice hotel, new and modern. I would have given it a good review, but when you screw with someone's money you can throw all that other stuff out the window.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian E
HIELakeway_Mgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lakeway, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

First, I would like to thank you for your review of our property. We use all of our guests feedback to better fine tune our operations. I would like to address your billing concerns. You spoke with the Front desk manager on the phone and he was able to resolve the issue for you. I want to apologize for the misunderstanding, however, as I heard the conversation, the front desk manager stated it would take 3 to 5 business days based on your bank. Any billing issues are resolved immediately on our end and unfortunately it sometimes takes the banks a few days, however, in most instances, they do have it resolved earlier than that. I would also like to state that in future travels, we encourage you to book travel directly with the hotel. Doing this always allows a lot more flexibility with your reservation and the hotels always will do a price match guarantee. This also prevents any double billing issues that may mistakenly occur when a reservation is booked through a third party. Again, I apologize for any miss communication and I truly hope to see you again in your travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeway
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Lakeway
5 mi away
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
Sonesta Bee Cave Austin
#1 of 2 in Bee Cave
Mountain Star Lodge and Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 3 in Dripping Springs
Residence Inn Austin Lake Austin / River Place

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lakeway? Share your experiences!