“Excellent Interior Mexican Food!!”
Review of Santa Catarina

Santa Catarina
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Lakeway
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phone 512.300.0946. Please add Santa Catarina restaurant to your listing. Santa Catarina is a unique boutique restaurant that serves interior mexican food.
Austin
“Excellent Interior Mexican Food!!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Santa Catarina was recommended to my friends and I about a year ago. We were looking for a place to have some late night drinks and appetizers and this place was the ticket. The appetizers were excellent and the drinks amazing. I had a Mexican martini and my friends had margaritas. All were well made. I am so glad we heard about this place as I never would have noticed it in this unassuming shopping center. It is a rather small restaurant so expect a wait during peak dinner hours on weekends. The food is more of an interior Mexican variety and is not Tex-Mex. I have taken my family on several occasions and we love it.

• Visited January 2014

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Authentic Mexican”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Great spot for lunch. Fast and friendly service with good food. I had cheese enchiladas served with delicious rice mixed with carrots and a side of guacamole. Very tasty with great salsa. Quick service to make lunch a breeze.

• Visited January 2014
“Awful food.”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This was literally the worst Mexican food I have had in a long time. Chips were stale, asked for fresh chips and they were no better. I went in with a party of 11 and everyone ordered different things plus the queso (with gross chips)--- I was literally embarrassed because a friend flew in to Austin while we came in for a family reunion and we carried on about how good Mexican food is in Texas (as opposed to Colorado, where we are from)
The friend that came into town was grossed out as well. Can't describe what was wrong with the sauces other than they were just not good. It was terrible and the bill was just as terrible for awful food. Won't go back, won't recommend. No good.

• Visited October 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
“A great kept secret that's getting out!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I almost hate telling everyone what a great Mexican restaurant this is because it will just increase the wait time, but this is likely the VERY BEST Mexican food in Austin (even though it is Lakeway). The drive takes a bit, but you will not regret your dining experience. Everything served is fresh, unique and authentic. Be sure and try the house-made corn tortillas...they are the best.

Visited October 2013
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Interior Mexican Cuisine”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We've been fans of Santa Catarina since they opened. The Peruvian Margarita is possibly my favorite margaita in town. All of the enchiladias are top notch but my favoirte meal that calls to me everytime is the grilled taquitos dorados. The shredded cabbage and queso fresco on top of the grilled chicken taquitos just makes them special. Whenever my daughters visit the first meal they want is the enchiladas suizas from Santa Catarina. On top of the yummy food, the staff is always friendly and attentive without being intrusive.

• Visited August 2013