“Great place!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lakeway
Kinston, North Carolina
“Great place!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Outstanding staff! They provide friendly, relaxed yet seamless service.The top floor suites have a great view. This is a great place to stay in Lakeway--convenient to everything. The suite is very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pearland
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My staff and I walked into the Hampton Inn in Lakeway and were greeted with a big, bright smile. Rutanya welcomed us and was very helpful for all of our needs. She smiled, gave directions, advised on the best places to eat and had nice wholesome dialog. We were very impressed. The entire stay was great. Breakfast was delicious!! We'll do it again.

Group from Houston,Tx

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Charlestown, Nevis
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Spent three days there, was perfect. Room was nice and clean and staff was very helpful. Planning to go back.
Location is a bit far from the airport, took me about 45 minutes in some traffic, renting a car probably cheaper than taking a taxi (if staying short).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Accomadations were excellent. Hotel was very clean, fresh and our room was extremely spacious. Hotel staff was very attentive. I was extremely surprised at how nice it was considering it was priced so reasonable. They offered breakfast, which I felt was to mass produced, so I would have liked more quality and possibly less variety!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was touring The University of Texas with my son. All of the Austin Hotels were sold out due to the State High School Basketball Championship tournament and South by Southwest Media convention. We took a room here and I was pleasantly surprised. It was not a bad drive into Austin and this was a nice property. A gem of a hotel and I will definitely book here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed at this property during SXSW. Most Austin proper hotels were completely full, or had super-bowl like rates. This property had available rooms, and a decent nightly rate, although it was higher than I have paid at most Hamptons. The 30 minute drive to the city wasn't too bad. The property is situated in a lovely area. It's too bad a site with a view could not have been found.

The property is fairly new and in good shape overall. The public areas are modern and clean. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. As a Hilton Honors member, I expect at least some of my requests to be met. I asked for a high floor and a room away from the elevator. I received a room on the second floor two doors down from the elevator. I could hear everything that the party in the room above me was doing. Creaky floors in a new hotel? The walls and doors are thin and water running in neighboring rooms could be heard continuously. The elevator "ding" could be heard all too frequently. Thank goodness for the noisy room AC unit. It made sleeping almost possible. Quite honestly, I haven't been in a hotel with such great noise issues in a very long time. I considered cutting my stay short, but there were not any other options available.

The room was, however, very clean. Beds were comfortable and cam equipped with a microwave and room frig. The bathroom was nicely appointed.

Overall experience average. Just wish they had given me a top floor room away from the elevator and put more expense into soundproofing when constructing this property.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I am a little bummed that this hotel doesn't accept small dogs or any pets for that matter. I thought Austin was a pet friendly city and would really like to stay in Lakeway close to our friends. I guess I we will have to stay in Cedar Park or downtown and drive in every day of our vacation. That is a bummer. :-( Would have been nice to stay here!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeway
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Hotel Granduca Austin
#5 of 203 in Austin
Mountain Star Lodge and Hotel
Residence Inn Austin Lake Austin / River Place

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Austin Lakeway? Share your experiences!