“Too much and too little”
Review of Table 24

Table 24
Ranked #10 of 74 Restaurants in Lake Jackson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Way too much going on with the decor. Way too much going on with the food. Over styled and overpriced. Service was slow and minimal. Gave them two chances in case the first time was a quirk. Same management as the former Café Annice so I don't know what happened. Used to be my favorite restaurant in town. No more.

2  Thank Freshisbest

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We've been there for supper, and again for lunch. Supper was rather expensive for what we ordered - our bill came up to $75 with tip for 3 people. We had an entree, 2 appetizers. .some tea, soda.
For lunch , it was cheaper. However, the bread isn't particularly good and now you have to pay for it. Not worth it, in my opinion, unless they go back to the old kind.
I had fish tacos and they were good, yeah, but. I'd had far better ones. .I don't like their tortillas. .storebought . so they have that sour taste of preservatives.
It has cute decor but no soundproofing. NO soundproofing. . I don't know how much I'm going to like that. . but I think .. I THINK .. it's an improvement. .lighter, brighter. I heard a rumor that the landlords went up drastically on the rent there, so the restaurant might be charging more for that reason. However, I don't understand how closing it for 6 months helped them financially. I enjoyed the old Cafe Annice because they had great food for cheap prices. .The new one. . I'm just not sure yet. I'll give them time. They're certainly popular, anyhow.

3  Thank joyussohl
Reviewed January 20, 2013

New name, new decor, but still great food. I visit family in Angleton a few times a month and we always eat at Cafe Annice. It's been a rough few months without my favorite food, but the wait for Table 24 was worth it! Whoever decorated the place must have a fun imagination. There is a bar area with a shuffleboard table and lots of quirky pictures on the wall. The dining area is also really interesting. Lots of art and unexpected things to see...eclectic and classy at the same time. I had the pork shank and it melted in my mouth. The prices were still good, especially considering the size of the portions. My aunt and uncle both had the fish tacos and ended up taking a little bit home. "Can't let good food go to waste!" Next time I will save room for dessert. I was looking forward to the free loaf of bread like before, but now it is a menu item. It was well worth the purchase. A good variety, enough for all three of us and really fresh. I can't wait to see what food will be added to the menu in the next few months. Good job, Table 24! Thanks for a fun and flavorful night!

2  Thank FroggieFaye
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Table 24 has a fresh new look and menu....loved it! As always, the owners hit the nail on the head. A new twist on an old favorite. The owners have been the business over 30 years and they are still doing it right. Change is good and I appreciate they kept some of the dishes that made them famous. My recommendation, don't wait to try this place!

3  Thank Houstonluxuryagent
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The new decor is very nice, and everyone thought it an improvement. The menu is smaller than Cafe Annice had. The food was good. I had the fish tacos (grilled red snapper) and liked it. The concensus was that Cafe Annice was closed for half a year, and opened with less choices, slightly slower service, and they now charged for their delicious freshly baked bread. My wife had the strawberry salad, with grilled chicken, but she like the previous spinach salad better (pretty similar, but twice as much salad). All the lunch portions seemed smaller, and the dinner portions had gone up considerably in price. I hope they get it all together, because this was a great restaurant. It was like.... if it's not broke, do go trying to fix it. I wish them success, but the first week open was not yet up to par with their previous SUPER restaurant, as good as any in Houston or Austin.