“Descent German food”

Wurst Haus
Ranked #18 of 75 Restaurants in Lake Jackson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: German/American Cuisine with Original Dishes Made Fresh Daily, Using Only the Finest Ingredients. Premium Tap Wall featuring Premium Imports & Small Batch Crafts. Live Music Performed every Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had garlic and herb crusted tilapia that was very good. The restaurant has a bar-like atmosphere and it was quite loud. We had to wait quite a bit (more than 30 minutes) for our food to arrive. Overall, it was a fun dining experience.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The food was very good! Service was great! Prices were average.
Love the chicken cordon bleu!! Steaks have been good also.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is great, and even though it features great German food, there are plenty of other choices on the menu. They have a great drink selection and have nice pairing suggestions. As an added bonus they have had live music lately.

1  Thank nomadicsoul818
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came here for the first time and had an underwhelming expedience. We were seated and gave our drink orders in average time. We needed extra time to look at the menu when first asked, since it was our first visit. My wife ordered a chicken sandwich with German potatos and I wurst plate with au grattann and potato soup. Then the waiting started. Eventually we were asked if we wanted bread without mentiong that it's $2.50. Then two tables that were seated after we ordered got their food. Next, my cup of soup. Then our entrees. The soup and wurst plate were very good. The chicken sandwich was not, avoid it. It came on half pieces of toasted bread instead of a bun. The breast was small, overcooked, dry, and flavorless. I might come back to try the German fare but plan on ignoring the rest of the menu. My wife does not plan on coming back.

1  Thank Jpsandman
Wursthaus, General Manager at Wurst Haus, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

JPSandman,
I would like to personally apologize for your less than perfect experience in our restaurant. I have had time to look into your visit and found several areas that we can improve upon. Thank you for your feedback, we have amended our bread serving policy since your visit. It is now complimentary upon request and with a purchase.

While I cannot change the past, I would like to invite you back as my personal guest so that we can show you that we really can do a much better job than what you experienced. Please come back to enjoy a complimentary meal for two, all food and beverages included.

If you will send me an email with your contact information I will immediately send you a gift card so that we may try to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have been going to the Wurst Haus for many years and yesterday's visit was extremely disappointing. Charging $1.50 for bread (the waitress never even offered us any probably because she was too embarrassed to ask) and the 1/4" pastrami "deli" sandwich for $12 was no better than and Oscar Meyer sandwich offered at the Valero gas station. It will be a loooog time before I go back.

1  Thank Peter R