“Hit or miss”

Wurst Haus
Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Lake Jackson
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: German/American Cuisine with Original Dishes Made Fresh Daily, Using Only the Finest Ingredients. Premium Tap Wall featuring Premium Imports & Small Batch Crafts. Live Music Performed every Thursday, Friday and Saturday
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit or miss”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came here for the first time and had an underwhelming expedience. We were seated and gave our drink orders in average time. We needed extra time to look at the menu when first asked, since it was our first visit. My wife ordered a chicken sandwich with German potatos and I wurst plate with au grattann and potato soup. Then the waiting started. Eventually we were asked if we wanted bread without mentiong that it's $2.50. Then two tables that were seated after we ordered got their food. Next, my cup of soup. Then our entrees. The soup and wurst plate were very good. The chicken sandwich was not, avoid it. It came on half pieces of toasted bread instead of a bun. The breast was small, overcooked, dry, and flavorless. I might come back to try the German fare but plan on ignoring the rest of the menu. My wife does not plan on coming back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jpsandman
Wursthaus, General Manager at Wurst Haus, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
JPSandman,
I would like to personally apologize for your less than perfect experience in our restaurant. I have had time to look into your visit and found several areas that we can improve upon. Thank you for your feedback, we have amended our bread serving policy since your visit. It is now complimentary upon request and with a purchase.

While I cannot change the past, I would like to invite you back as my personal guest so that we can show you that we really can do a much better job than what you experienced. Please come back to enjoy a complimentary meal for two, all food and beverages included.

If you will send me an email with your contact information I will immediately send you a gift card so that we may try to exceed your expectations!

Lake Jackson, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have been going to the Wurst Haus for many years and yesterday's visit was extremely disappointing. Charging $1.50 for bread (the waitress never even offered us any probably because she was too embarrassed to ask) and the 1/4" pastrami "deli" sandwich for $12 was no better than and Oscar Meyer sandwich offered at the Valero gas station. It will be a loooog time before I go back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Peter R
Byrnes Mill, Missouri
“Very disappointed... Worst ever.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I just relocated to the area from MO and we always enjoy eating the local restaurants instead of big chain. He ordered a steak that was basically still bleeding but we asked for med-well. His whole plate was cold. I got a sandwich which was supposed to be served hot but came cold as well. I also wanted fries and the waiter basically hounded me to get the German potatoes until I said yes. The only thing I was able to enjoy was my pub jug drink that tasted like a white Russian.... Now that was delicious. When it comes to alcohol they were great but the chef probably should find a new job.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Ashley B
Wursthaus, General Manager at Wurst Haus, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I want to sincerely apologize for the unacceptable meal you were served at our restaurant on April 18th. Providing our guests with high quality, delicious food is one of our highest priorities. I am very sorry that your meal did not live up to the level of quality that our guests have come to expect from our restaurant.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Your feedback is extremely important and will help us correct the situation that allowed food that was not up to our standards to be served.
Once again, please accept our sincere apology for your steak not being cooked correctly, serving cold food, and for the waiter’s lack of professionalism.
We appreciate you letting us know about this incident.

Best regards,
Richard Wood/Shawn Pettit
“Nice choice for dinner”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The bread before the meal was very good. The steaks we ordered were cooked perfectly and were very tender. Good selection of beer and wine. Service was excellent even though the restaurant was quite busy.

Freeport, Texas, United States
“ALWAYS wonderful!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The food is always good and worth the price - the hubs always loves the beer choices and even though my favorite drink isn't on the menu anymore they will still make it for me!! Wait staff is friendly and helpful.

Visited January 2013