“Terrible stay”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lake Jackson
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I you want to overpay for a room this is the place. We were there for a tournament and we had a guest which booked a handicapped room but instead was given a room on the 3rd floor. The manager was very rude not to mention a bunch of old drunk people were cursing at our children and the manager did nothing about it. Their free breakfast is also nothing to brag about. The cleaning ladies knocked at our door 3 times before it was even time to check out. They basically push you out the door. Their WiFi is a mess and almost unusable. Last but not least their rate is $119 we stayed 2 nights and they hit my credit card for $295. How can taxes be almost $60? It is ridiculous!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank maranglop

Reviewed December 19, 2008

The manager, Mr. Lewis Bean, is not customer focused. On Dec. 3, 2008, I reserved a room for Dec. 8, 2008. Several hours later, I canceled the reservation. Mr. Bean spoke with his personnel, and declared that the Dec. 4 charge was valid due to less than 24 hours cancellation! He was condescending on the telephone, and more to the point, never considered or acknowledged my arguments. I will also lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and speak with our corporate travel function to have this vendor removed as a lodging selection.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank DowTraveler
Reviewed September 28, 2008

The hotel room look clean and fine.

I lived in Room 101. The room is next to the laudry room and can hear the big noises of washer spinning and etc.

An strange thing is the window curtain. The thick layer of curtain can not close all the way and it seems to be designed so. That seems a little bit wierd to me. In all other hotels that I stayed, we usually close the thick layer of curtain all the way for a dark sleeping room.

Raised the problem to the front desk at 2:20pm, and the lady told me that they will have a look at it when their manager coming back. So I waited. Then I waited for hours, but the manager did not come. I asked again at 5pm. The lady told me the manager is taking an nap, and she can not wake him up. Such a long long nap... Terrible! All I can say is that they are ignoring customer's concerns.

Will update this review after seeing if the manager will show up for this issue.

Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank travelerAmber
Reviewed February 11, 2008

This is a basic budget hotel - no frills, nothing fancy. There aren't an abundance of hotels in this area, and this one is fine if you must stay directly in Lake Jackson (not nearby Houston, where there are many more choices). The hotel is clean and pretty quiet even if you have a room directly facing 288. The fitness center was out of service when I stayed here, though the hotel instead offered free passes to a nearby fitness center which I thought was nice. There are also less busy roads leading into neighborhoods behind the hotel if you want to go for a run/walk. The hotel is in a decent location, just a few blocks from the downtown area (great restaurants like Cafe Annice and The Local are right there), and also not far from 332 which has tons of restaurants and basic shopping (Target, CVS etc.).

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2007

I researved 1 suite for 1 night and 3 adults on december the 25th

when our credit card bill arrived we were charged for 3 nights

Lewis Bean (the manager) said that someone stayed in our room for 3 nights and he insisted it was us. We can prove that we did not stay because of gas card purchases on the 26th of december when we traveled back home to the austin area. we have witnesses from our church who saw us on the night of the 26th.

we sent a protest to our credit card company and the better business bureau,chamber of commerce in lake jackson and the city hall.

Lewis Bean would not let me speak to the owner of the hotel (Depack Patel)
Lewis Bean would not even be reasonable and hung on me twice.
We were told by a city official the Lewis Bean has been a manager of many of the hotels in Lake Jackson and Clute are. They do not deal with him because of his bad customer service and this has happened to other people who have stayed at this hotel.

Be very wise about where you stay when you travel to Lake Jackson because some hotels are thieves!

9  Thank downintexas
Reviewed November 9, 2006

I am using this form because of the character limit on
>your complaint/comment form.
>We chose the Comfort Inn to avoid the chemical plants.
>We paid a premium, nearly twice the price of the
>hotels in nearby Clute.
>We checked in with a government rate bringing a
>picture ID as requested. On checkout we were told my
>government ID was not valid and the price would be the
> regular rack rate. This was done AFTER we checked in
>and had initialed the ID and rate. When we told the
>desk clerk that the ID was valid she said she couldn't
>do anything about it. We asked for the manager. The
>desk clerk called the manager who turned out to be the
>owner (who was at the property) and he told her he
>would be with us in fifteen or twenty minutes, which
>was cutting it close for us as we had to drive to
>Houston to catch a plane. He did arrive a short time
>later and rectified the billing.
>The problem is the rate was changed AFTER we checked
>in and were not notified until check out time.
>Also, as far as the property itself I feel it didn't
>meet the standards of other Comfort Inns we had been
>in. There was a broken window in our room and
>noticable dust and dirt between the TV stand and the
>dresser . When I had a problem with the hair dryer I
>was told no could help me until the owner got in which
>would't be until after 8:30AM. After taking the hair
>dryer to the front desk and owner was called and the
>problem was rectified. Also the waffle iron for the
>complementary breakfast was broken.

>[--]
>Dates of stay: November 3-6, 2006
>[--]

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
9  Thank granmda
Reviewed October 23, 2006

Hotel seems to built in 2000/2001 but slowly starts to be renovated. It's clean and the staff is friendly. It's not worn out yet, and well maintained, but just needs some new tiles in the batch room. Free internet access, phone and alarm available. Airco makes a little noise, so it best to turn it off during the night. In the regoin price/ quality a definite above average.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Anton_V
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Clute
TownePlace Suites Lake Jackson Clute

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!