“Good food, convenient for me, good service”

La Casona Grill & Cafe
Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Lake Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Always Fresh tex-Mex ! Family Atmosphere.. Walk ins Welcome. Patio Service. Reservations Welcome. Free Parking.
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Not as noisy as El Toros which is a plus, but I would give a 51/49 nod to El Toros for the menu and food tastiness. Just about all local Tex-Mex restaurants in the Brazosport area are really good, but how can you distinguish between similar chips, rice, beans, enchiladas, fajitas, etc. Some times the service is better at one than the other. Several times the waiters did not speak English that well, and there could be order confusion.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

My husband and I ate at La Casona recently for what will probably be the last time. They have been advertising boiled crawfish on Monday and Thursday evenings. Boiled crawfish are one of our favorite things, so we went about 8:00 on a Thursday to get some. After waiting for a table, and then waiting quite a bit longer to order, we were informed that the crawfish were "over". We could see quite a few other tables where the people had platters of crawfish, so apparently they had just run out. We order Mexican plates, which we had had several times before with no problems, and were served some of the worst Mexican food we have ever eaten in our lives. I think the only worse Mexican food I have ever had was probably in a school cafeteria. The rice was mushy and tasteless, the beans had an off taste, and the filling of the cheese enchiladas was crumbly (?!) My husband had a beef enchilada with his dinner, and he said it tasted plain bad. Everything looked crusted over, as if it had been sitting under a heat lamp for hours. When we went to pay for our terrible meal, my husband inquired about the crawfish and was told that they usually run out by 7:30. The cashier then suggested that we either come on Monday (which doesn't work for us) or come when they start serving at 4:30. I don't even get home from work until 6:30, so that is impossible. They have a big sign out in front hawking crawfish, there are crawfish decorations and Mardi Gras beads all over the inside of the restaurant, Zydeco music was blaring over the speakers, and their FaceBook page is plastered with promos for crawfish, but they can't cook enough to last longer than 7:30? This is extremely poor planning. If you find that you are consistently running out of a certain item, the proper reaction is to prepare more of it. To top it all off, the bad meal we were served gave us both stomachaches all evening and into the next day. All in all, one of the worst dining experiences I can recall.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

My family had Easter dinner here. We had good service, the food was good, not great.
I was supprised when the check came, it was very moderately priced. Three adults and Seven children had all they could eat and even a take home box for just a little shy of $100.00.
I would recomend it to a family although the food did not have a very good Mexicantaste.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Atmosphere is great,food is tasty and the the sangria marguerta was awesome. wait staff is friendly!

Reviewed March 21, 2012

IT is reallllyyy good food and wonderful service. We can't wait to go again.