“Smelly rooms”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Lake Jackson
Columbia, Maryland
“Smelly rooms”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

On the recommendation of a friend, we checked into this hotel and found a pleasant lobby but two very smelly rooms. At first thinking it was due to the recently shampooed carpet, we left for dinner only to return and find the smell worse than before. The front desk clerk offered two rooms on the second floor, which also had an odor. She was nonchalant about our concerns and expressed no regrets or dismay when we stated that we were checking out and moving to another hotel. She processed our refund quickly, and we moved to a neighboring hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christie L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2013

When you walk in the lobby the ambiance reminds you of rustic Texas with a breathtaking rock fountain in the center. This hotel is a far cry from the "Corporate" looking hotels. It is very clean, has friendly accomadating staff, quick convenient check in, and conveniently located to the gulf.
The rooms are simple and clean, with a cool view of the spectacular lobby right outside your window.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family stayed here 3 weeks due to remodeling our house. The staff was outstanding!! All the employees were great!! The beds were new and so comfortable. The rooms are large with a microwave and fridge. Free WIFI and continental breakfast, a bar with pool tables-couldn't ask for more!! We weren't able to use the pool due to weather, but it was beautiful!! We could have stayed at any hotel we wanted (I checked the "newer" ones) and the Cherotel was the best choice for us. I really can't complain about anything and will definitely refer friends here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor were very quiet!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Our family with kids stayed 2 nights here, and chose this hotel because of the Trip Advisor #1 rating. I have to say I was really disappointed, and the first time I have not agreed with the ratings over the course of 3-4 years of travelling with TA's reviews. There are nicer and newer chain hotels in Lake Jackson (within the same half mile, same side of freeway) that I turned down, and wish I would have looked past their no free breakfasts and higher price instead of going with the Cherotel.

The hotel is an old 70's conference center that hasn't been touched. The rooms are adequate, but old and worn looking. Clean towels, soap, toiletry items are provided, and there is a mini-fridge and microwave in every room. We borrowed a DVD player to use from the front desk with a $20 deposit (cash only) that was refundable upon return.

The walls are thin, and good thing we travel with our kids' sound sleep machine. You can easily hear the adjacent room TV's, hall noise, and parking lot racket. The beds could use new mattresses. Breakfast: free danishes, cereal varities, milk, coffee, juice, fruit cups, bagels, and the fixins in an unstaffed room with tables and chairs.

Our family will chose a different hotel next time we're in town :(

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank TravelingforFunTexas

Travelers are raving about these Lake Jackson hotels

Pineville, Louisiana
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I chose to stay her with my 3 kids and husband after reading several reviews. The Price was a little cheaper than other hotels in the area and it was in a good location only 6mins from all the shopping and resteraunts in Lake Jackson and just a block or 2 from other places to eat as well. The room was clean and temperature was at good temp. Free wifi, clean bathrooms, they made sure my roll away was in room at check in, when i went to get extra towels they brought them right to me and also changed out the trash and took the dirty ones without me asking, but they didnt have to until time to clean room. My only complaint is housekeeping knocked on my door the first morning at 8 am to clean room and woke up all my kids. But they didnt the second morning.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 123 it was a great spot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather R
Sealy, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I have had the opportunity to stay at many hotels around the globe. I can honestly say the employees at the Cherotel are second to none. It starts at the Front Desk with Andrea, who always tries to put me in my favorite room and goes on to Erica who does a great job with functions. Of course no review of the Cherotel would be complete without mentioning Jessica, the bartender. She seems to make all stay a little longer then they intend.

If youare ever in the Texas Gulf Coast area, you will be glad you found this place....

Room Tip: Stay in Room 101 (except when I am there)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank gregg c
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I would like to make a great thank you to the staff at the Cherotel. My husband who is from Texas and myself being a Norwegain - had the time of our lives spending the reception and the wedding night at the hotel. We had many international guests and they all had a great time. The location to the city and surrounding areas for dining and shopping was great! Erica, and Bud and your team - Thank you for making our best day. The food was great - the Texian where we had our dinner and dance was nicely decorated and you exceed all our expectations for a wonderful and joyful evening. You were always present if needed and there was nothing you would not do for us. We will definately come back for another occation and I hope freinds will use your locations in the future. Happy greetings from half way round the world on the other side.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Lake Jackson - Clute
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#2 of 6 in Lake Jackson

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!