“First public nude experience”
Review of Hippie Hollow

Hippie Hollow
More attraction details
Owner description: A county swimming area where swimsuits are optional.
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

For starters I am not a nudist but was interested in the idea of being completely free in nature. My husband and I visited even after the reviews about "creeps". We were not once in an uncomfortable situation. Though we weren't prepared for the terrain and didn't bring towels to lay on it was a very neat experience. I did feel the need to respect others space and I felt like we were treated the same way. I have nothing bad to say and if there were any "creeps", I was not aware, nor did it matter.

15  Thank Hillary J

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The beachline is non-existent unless water is low (which is has been due to drought). IF the water is low and you want to get sun then you will be climbing and it's a little treacherous.
There are a ton of creeps here. This is not a family nudists area, or even just a place to be comfortable being nude while being around others. It's primarily used for voyeurism and discrete hook ups. There was a guy who was taking photos through a telescopic lens. He left before anything could be done about it. But seriously, worst nudist experience ever.

If you're looking for actual nudists events look at Hill Country Nudists http://hillcountrynudists.com/

10  Thank ATXMercenary
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Yes, it is a nude beach in Texas. Keep in mind, all of those comments here about it being a "sausage fest", were from dude's who came to the park without women and promptly complained that there were not enough women. I get the feeling they were hoping for a free, brightly lit version of a strip club-- and wanted to bring back more than rocks from the beach. This is not that place. For the record, I am a dude and I brought my own eye candy (she is hot-- even when not in the Texas summer sun).

I went for my first time this past weekend (on Saturday and then came back on Sunday because I had such a good time.) I am not a swinger and am not interested in being with anyone other than my beautiful GF. I checked out the scenery and there were plenty of couples in the "main" section of the park-- just down from the entry. The one creepy dude (probably one of the ones complaining about the park being a sausage fest) was greatly outnumbered by "normal" nudist-- you know, the ones that can carry on a normal conversation sans clothes.

Yes, there were people of all sizes (and lengths). If you want to gawk at models, surf the web or hit the strip club. If you want to hang out and relax, it is a nice place to go. just bring something soft to sit on. It you don't want it to be a sausage fest, bring your own women.

13  Thank Jim H
Reviewed August 12, 2013

First of all, there is no where to lie out in the sun. Sharp rocks everywhere. It's terribly steep too. As soon as my husband and I walked into the park we were approached and "greeted" by nude older men, wanting to talk etc.. We sat on the rocks for awhile....there were just naked older guys everywhere. It really was creepy. We thought we'd try this, as we'd been to these type of places in Europe.i was so uncomfortable...the sharp rocks...no where to sit...creepy guys, that we left. We didn't even disrobe...it was just creepy. Plus there's a nearby bar that overlooks the area, so you just know there are drunks watching you even if you can't see them. I don't recommend it...unless this appeals to,you. In Europe it's better...no one approaches you...it's more discreet.

8  Thank NinaMarie R R
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a great place to cool down plenty of place to swim. there was a good mix of people of all ages and sex. many nudist couples and groups of peoples from both sexes enjoying the day.

3  Thank michelle e