“Great stay”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in La Porte
Scotland
“Great stay”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We wanted someplace close to Kemah to meet up with friends on Saturday, but at reasonable price. This hotel was perfect, large comfortable and very clean room, lovely bathroom, microwave, coffeemaker, fridge, free wifi and continental breakfast all included in the amazingly low price. Denny's is across the carpark, the hotel give vouchers for food, buy one meal get one free, and also Jack in the Box, Kroger and and the very good Asian Wok are minutes by foot.
The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely return here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hunda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel staff was extremely rude and they do not allow pets as they advertise. The hallways smelled like pot and there was trash thrown all over the property. Mold in the shower and back door is never locked. Your safety is not a concern to the rude uneducated staff. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they are used to criminal activity.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank tommyebutcher

Travelers are raving about these La Porte hotels

Katy, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I reserved a room for me and my sisters for the night of June 23, 2012. We were visiting the Kemah Board wall and wanted to stay the night instead of getting on the road late at night to return home.

The reservation was for four guest. Upon returned from the Kemah Boardwalk we wanted to take a shower. My little sister went to the front desk and asked for two more sets of towels because there was only the standard two sets of towels in the room. The front desk clerk denied her request.

I then went down stairs to request the towels and was also told no, when I tried to reason with the clerk he said he will charge me $50 more for the towels. I told him that was stupid and he kicked us out of the hotel and threatened to charge my card more if he finds one thing out of place in the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Simonne K
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The room was clean, good and the price was good too. The management was really professional and helpfull. It was walking distance to Denny;s and kroger..................WIFI was free and breakfast was there.......I like it i will be back.........

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SAM G
South Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2011

pros:
outstanding staff
rooms are large,comfortable,quiet and clean
no bugs
complimentary continental breakfast every morning(coffee,juice,doughnuts,toast,cereal,ect)
free wi fi (with good speed)

cons:
shower pressure could be better.
a/c is not that cold.

all in all,I had a very pleasant stay here,I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arwen_Windwalker
louisiana
Reviewed May 11, 2008

Stayed there for NHRA event in March 28 & 29th, paid with credit card at time of arrival. Received double bill in May for two rooms (not one) for two different amounts, called and was put off for a week (present manager Out of town), spoke to manager who passed off my call to desk clerk who informed me that they took over the management on May 1st and the other management was responsible for my charges. I am now dealing with this with my credit card company. Be CAREFUL with the charges from this motel!

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
evansville, In
Reviewed March 28, 2008

I came to this hotel to stay one night . I was there for the NHRA event. There was this little ASIAN girl there her name was Jenny she was the nicest hotel desk clerk i have came across in sometime. I travel to several states each year and stay at several hotels for different event related to races. I just wanted to say that Jenny made me feel comfortable and welcome she even got a laugh out of me before heading to my room. I would recommend this hotel and i will be back. Thank You........Keep up the good work Jenny............

• Liked — Very friendly staff made me feel welcome
  • Disliked — liked it all no complaints
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sliver1525