“What Happened to the "old" Antonio's?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Antonio's Italian Grill & Seafood
Ranked #37 of 66 Restaurants in La Porte
Cuisines: Italian
Houston, Texas
“What Happened to the "old" Antonio's?”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I think when Antonio's first opened, they were much better than they are now. Something has really fallen by the wayside here. Several times, I've ordered for my company and the entrees aren't always the most tasty or appetizing. I know that I'll never order Eggplant/Chicken Parmesean again....I still remember that one. The lasagne also looks like it has tomato sauce on it.

However, in their defense, they usually can be depended on to deliver on time although for several times, they have been much too early, so as a result, the food that I wanted to serve my guests at a certain time was already too cold.

Perhaps they just got too big too quick and need to go back to their roots. They apparently have a big turnover on employees and I can understand that this is a big problem.

TIP: Ask for the little pizza bread instead of the humongous bread rolls.

• Visited November 2012

“Poor food, they should leave "Italian" out of their name”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Low quality food, they certainly never saw a real home made lasagne from close. It was something surrounded by concentrated tomato sauce...
My company liked the pasta though, and we got bread and a large salad. Cheap price for the overall.

Houston, Texas
“Awesome food! Awesome price!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have eaten here for several years and have always found the food to be consistently good and very reasonably priced. Recently, we placed an order for the large party platter of spaghetti which states will feed 10-15 people. We ordered the large platter not sure of what they considered to be a serving size. It was huge and came with all of the trimmings! We fed 6-8 people for three meals on $45! As is common with spaghetti, it was even better the next day.

Honey and I have eaten here as a couple as well. When we go for a special treat we usually order one of their ribeye steaks (my favorite is the Ribeye Primavera). The steaks are tender as well as tasty.

This is definitely "our Italian restaurant"! Love the food, the service, and the price.

• Visited July 2012
Ruston
“sons rehearsal dinner was there”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The food was ok but the price too high. The service was good but when we asked for the check the price was way above what we expected.

Visited June 2012
Newport News, Virginia
“Don't waste your time, unless you don't know any better....”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This place is all the rave here in coastal La Porte, TX, but maybe that's because where we are. The pizza is terrible.... The worst I have ever eaten, Chef Boyardee box pizza is better. The salad was quite good however, stick with that or pasta of some sort.

Italian food = FAIL.