“WORST SERVICE EVER!”

El Ranchero Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 66 Restaurants in La Porte
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Besides the iced tea being flavorless, the salsa less than interesting (hot, but flavorless), the catatonic waitstaff wandered by my table for 10 minutes, never even leaving a menu, so I left. If the tea and salsa were any indicator, I didn't miss much.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I've been in this place more times than I can remember ... it gets better as time goes by ... open since 1982, in fact ...

Today I had the pollo asado with rice and a bowl of some of the best bean soup on the planet ... the home made tortillas are killer and the chips and salsa are absolutely a scream .... the beer is served in iced mugs and the tea comes in huge glasses .... Lunch, several beers and iced tea for two was only $24 .... if ya know where to look ya can grab yourself a free ice cream cone (yummy)

By the way, if you're an early riser they open around 5:00 A.M. (a mexican tradition)

The place has smoking and non-smoking sections and is kid friendly ... Sundays are packed so get there early and do some serious "people watching" .... it's also a great place to practice your Spanish ... They seem to like gringos who speak there lingo .... I love this place ... did I mention the free ice cream?

Reviewed October 25, 2010

This is one of my favorite places to grab a bite to eat in all of Houston. The green salsa is also really good.

Reviewed September 23, 2010

I don't understand all the negative reviews from some of those people, who quote "flies everywhere!!!", "Disgusting!!!!"
Obviously, they only tell people that they've ACTUALLY been to Mexico to impress. YAWN!!!
My husband took me there for the 1st time about a month ago; and we just got back from my second visit, I was so impressed! EXCELLENT food, service and even genuine concern from EVERYONE involved in running the place.

Reviewed June 1, 2010

I am not talking abut 1 or 2 I mean 5 to 10 buzzing around and landing. THey take to long to clean off the tables and there is nothing special about the food. We always look for local places to eat but this is the WORST one ever. do not waste your time, and if you do take your flyswatter