“View and Food and Pretty Good”
Review of Monument Inn

Monument Inn
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in La Porte
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For over 25 years, Monument Inn has been your destination to share family traditions and special occasions with great food and a great atmosphere! Specializing in fresh Gulf Coast seafood, we've become one of Houston's most popular restaurants. In fact, we serve about 80,000 pounds of shrimp and almost 25,000 pounds of catfish, crawfish, and fresh fish every year! If you're in the mood for something fresh from the water, check out our popular Fisherman's Platter with its shrimp, oysters, catfish, stuffed shrimp, and stuffed crab. But guests also love our wide array of pastas, beef, and chicken dishes. And be sure to top it all off with a drink from our full bar! Whether it's business luncheons, meeting with friends, or special occasions, thank you for making Monument Inn your place to make memories!
Reviewed July 12, 2014

If you love fried foods, then this is the place to go. My favorite is the pan fried shrimp. Best in town in my opinion. I had the best raw oysters there back in the spring when they were in season. I was not to happy with their broiled fish, so I will stick to the high fat fried food. The view is always interesting, from watching the ferry boat cross or large ships come in and out of the ship channel. The wait staff is always friendly and good. I have eaten at this restaurant for many years. I will go back again.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The food here is excellent, as is the view. You can watch the ships go down the channel while you eat. Their "all-you-can-eat" seafood is not to be missed. My husband and I go as often as we can. Great cinnamon rolls (handmade). To make the trip complete, take the ferry ride across the channel to I-10.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We ate here for dinner and for two of us ended up spending over $80! Food was just OK...nothing fancy! You can get better elsewhere

1  Thank puttsey1030
Reviewed June 29, 2014

My favorite Houston area restaurant--have been here about ten times. Excellent seafood (love the oysters and the scallops--when available). Great buttery rolls. Great service. Very popular--expect a wait. Nice view of the ships going down the ship channel and the ferry making the short crossing to Lynchburg. Great place to bring out-of-town visitors. Have driven 50 miles from katy to eat here several times.

1  Thank John B
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The park ranger at the Battleship Texas told us that this gem was a "do not miss" and was she ever right! The homemade cinnamon rolls are to die for and the seafood was delightful. Please make this one of your stops when you visit the San Jacinto monument and the Battleship Texas. I think you will find yourself coming back when you are anywhere near the area.

1  Thank Cindi61