“Worth the Trip”
Review of Monument Inn

Monument Inn
Ranked #1 of 66 Restaurants in La Porte
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For over 25 years, Monument Inn has been your destination to share family traditions and special occasions with great food and a great atmosphere! Specializing in fresh Gulf Coast seafood, we've become one of Houston's most popular restaurants. In fact, we serve about 80,000 pounds of shrimp and almost 25,000 pounds of catfish, crawfish, and fresh fish every year! If you're in the mood for something fresh from the water, check out our popular Fisherman's Platter with its shrimp, oysters, catfish, stuffed shrimp, and stuffed crab. But guests also love our wide array of pastas, beef, and chicken dishes. And be sure to top it all off with a drink from our full bar! Whether it's business luncheons, meeting with friends, or special occasions, thank you for making Monument Inn your place to make memories!
Houston, Texas
“Worth the Trip”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We just visited Monument Inn again. It's been a while since we made the trip out there, including the ferry ride, but the place hasn't changed and neither has the superior seafood. Monument Inn is an excellent place for a celebration. In addition to the large restaurant with it's wide view of the ship channel there are also banquet rooms that are frequently booked for parties and weddings.

The staff excell at handling large parties. Our group of ten was served promptly and with a minumum of hassle.

I can't say enough about the food! I had the Shrimp Jamboree which included shrimp cocktail, fried shrimp, grilled shrimp and stuffed shrimp. All of it was perfectly prepared and there was more than I could eat. But I tried!

My husband had exceptional fish and chips. The fish was in small pieces and just lovely. The fried catfish was also a big hit.

We had one issue with the meal - one person in our group found many small pieces of crab shell in her stuffed crab. The manager came promptly and dealt with the issue by offering a free dessert.

I continue to recommend the Monument Inn for good seafood in a scenic setting. While you're there, make the very short drive over to see the Battleship Texas and the San Jacinto Monument for which the restaurant is named. History and good shrimp all in one place!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank QOE

San antonio TX
“Great seafood with great views!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great service and great food with a fabulous view of the sho channel! Kids (and husband) were entertained while we waited for our food. Amazing cinnamon rolls!

• Visited July 2012
“Everything I want in a seafood restaurant!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We had such a great time watching the ships pass by in the Houston Ship Channel. This is the perfect setting for great seafood served by a friendly and very efficient staff. The place was packed, but the service didn't miss a beat. Highly recommend the grilled fish with Creole sauce. Can't wait to come back! This place is classic.

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Great Food, Great Service And A View”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just went to the Monument Inn for the third time. The food and service has been great all 3 times. I have always been in a group of around 25 people. Unlike many restaurants, this has never affected the quality of the service or the food. The service is always professional, efficient, and warm. The food is fresh and well prepared and very plentiful. The rolls and the sweet rolls are delicious. I would go back just for them. I have tried the shrimp and the blackened and grilled fish and everything has been wonderful. Having a view of passing ships and the Lynchburg Ferry to watch while eating just adds to the flavor of the experience. My only regret is that it is not closer to my home. However, it's located right in the middle of prime Texas history so it is a great place to go after taking a walk through our state's past. I will be going back every time I have the opportunity. If I have a criticism, it would be that their handicapped access is a little difficult. They are good about working with you but since the restaurant is on the second floor it does take some accommodation.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MeandmyPom
Austin, Texas
“Excellent seafood and party rooms..........”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I just wanted to add to my other review that among other things they have wonderful large or medium size rooms downstairs where you can have retirement, birthday or what ever kind of party you like. The large company where husband retired from has lots of retirement parties there. Each person can order what they want or you can have it where it is all you can eat of all kinds of their wonderful seafood. Just thought some of you would love to know this.

• Visited April 2013