“This Place is Fantastic!!!!”
Review of Monument Inn

Monument Inn
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in La Porte
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For over 25 years, Monument Inn has been your destination to share family traditions and special occasions with great food and a great atmosphere! Specializing in fresh Gulf Coast seafood, we've become one of Houston's most popular restaurants. In fact, we serve about 80,000 pounds of shrimp and almost 25,000 pounds of catfish, crawfish, and fresh fish every year! If you're in the mood for something fresh from the water, check out our popular Fisherman's Platter with its shrimp, oysters, catfish, stuffed shrimp, and stuffed crab. But guests also love our wide array of pastas, beef, and chicken dishes. And be sure to top it all off with a drink from our full bar! Whether it's business luncheons, meeting with friends, or special occasions, thank you for making Monument Inn your place to make memories!
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This restaurant is one of the best places I have eaten in my life. The food, atmosphere, service, you name it, it was there. It is also cool to see these large tug boats and barges move through the channel. We sat by the window and had such a great time. It is also a great place to people watch. There were so many different walks of life there that it was a real treat. Now the food...talk about good. The shrimp...would make you want to "slap yo moma". It was that good. I had leftovers to take home and had it for breakfast the next morning. Also, the prices were about average which made it even better. This is a hidden little piece of heaven and is a must when visiting Houston.

1  Thank cajuntxn

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family and I visited the Monument Inn on Good Friday evening. It was packed! A wedding reception downstairs and everyone enjoying fish upstairs. The outstanding staff never missed a beat. Brooke, our server, was upbeat, cheerful and really professional.

Each of us ordered a different entree and none were disappointed. It was my Dad's birthday and he was surprised with a slice of cake (and no embarrassing singing - which is a plus!).

Another plus was that although the food is first rate, the atmosphere does not discourage families who have been visiting the battleship or San Jacinto battlefield from dining there. As I said it was Friday night and the dress was casual and there were a surprising number of children dining.

We had a wonderful time and will definitely visit again.

1  Thank MellowTraveler_423
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This wonderful seafood restaurant is beside the Houston Ship Channel and while you are eating the wonderful seafood you can watch the ships and tug boats go by. Also there is the Lynchburg Ferry. During the Christmas season the ferry landing is very lit up with decorations. As you are driving down the road the Monument Inn is on you will pass by the Battleship Texas. Take time during the day to tour the ship. Also in the close distance is the San Jacinto Monument which is also nice to tour. But the main thing is the Monument Inn's seafood. If you do not like seafood they do have a couple of things for you. The service is always great and I have been going there almost as long as they have been open which is a very long time. Please do not forget to try the wonderful cinnamon rolls they have in the bread basket. Oh my, they are to die for. You will not be disappointed in your visit.

2  Thank CandyS198
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I go there a coupla times a year for a boating group meeting ... I always eat the catfish ... 'nuf said ... Before dinner, we try to have a coupla drinks at the bar and chat with the bartender about local waterfront happenings and look out the window at the ship channel .... great view!!!

The place is a little hard to get to but is close to San Jacinto monument and the Battleship Texas ... both worthy of a visit for tourists and locals alike ...

I'll always go back, and I will always eat the catfish

2  Thank mike g
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Be sure to have a full meal here. Besides the seafood, the bread basket is not to be missed. The cinnamon rolls are to die for! Ask for a window so you can watch the ferry and ship traffic in the channel. We have coming here more than twenty years and have never been disappointed.

2  Thank Jvanwietingen